Tammy
Tammy
  • Avondale, AZ

Can You Identify This Pink Plant?

Maggie LaisDebbie MooreGreenisgood
+21

Can anyone identify this pink plant my mother found while on vacation in Northern California at the end of March this year? THanks
q can you identify this pink plant, gardening
  • Heidi

Looks a little purplish........hmmmm........Jacaranda tree?

• Jeanette Davie

Redbud tree?

• Peg

It's a bit blurry and not close up but my guess, like Jeanette Davie is a red bud. I don't know the zones they grow in but we have them here in N.Y.

• Ava Landscapes

Looks like a redbud tree.

• Sherry Valentine

Definitey looks like redbud tree to me! They are gorgeous:

• Kathy Forte'

Looks like a redbud and early spring would be about right.

• Looks like an eastern redbud tree to me too.

• Tina

It looks alike a redbud to me. If the leaves are heart shaped then it is a redbud!

• Donna Shipley

It is Redbud, which grows wild in the Northern California coastal range. Really beautiful when it's in bloom. I can't grow it at sea level.

• Darlene Mapes

Yes I'm guessing red bud. I started two of them and they both died. I see so many of them in my travels up the east coast.

• Kolleen

Redbuds grow great in Sacramento. They tolerate the heat just fine and are found on the side of the freeway so you know they are on their own as far as pruning/watering. Its one of my top 5 trees because of the wonderful color.

• Michelle Eliker

Western Redbud which are native to California.

• Tammy

Thanks all I truly appreciate it and so does my mum

• Deanna Riles-Cox

Red buds are prolific hear in Kentucky! The herald spring coming!

• Red Bud it is. I love these but they are not hardy here. If they were I would surely have a couple.

• Trish Austin

Jacaranda are more blue

• Candace Henson

I think it is a redbud tree also. Are the leaves heart shaped? If so, it is a redbud.

• Rosalie M

I'm with the others above...a rosebud. They are so beautiful.

• Cathy McIntire

Definitely look like Redbud and they are very prolific in Ohio!

• Cindy Kramer

Redbud!! They are soo pretty this is 3rd summer & has it grown this year! Enjoy I know I do

• Gale Titus

Redbud, they are all over here in North Texas.

• Greenisgood

Nice pic!. Did you ever see the pink flowers of the Pet TickleMe Plant. The TickleMe Plant will closes its leaves when Tickled! http://www.ticklemeplant.com

• Debbie Moore

The plant in the picture could be an unattended butterfly bush depending on what state your living in or it could be a crape myertal.

• Maggie Lais

The redbuds are gorgeous! One spring several years ago, we were almost to El portal CA, the Gateway to Yosemite National Park. We were traveling the very narrow road, following the Merced River, and suddenly every small tree, and every scrubby bush was choked with those beautiful buds... and the hillside behind was covered like a carpet in the golden California Poppy! I couldn't believe my eyes! So beautiful! There is a cultivated variety of Redbud - actually probably several, but the one I am familiar with is called Forest Pansy! it is quite spectacular, and with the added bonus of beautifully colored heart-shaped leaves when the weather turns cold in the fall...