Transform An Old Paperback Book Into A Decorative Pumpkin

I love books and have new and old ones displayed throughout my house. I also have a collection of old paperbacks that are not very good reads and they also have no visual appeal for display. These I hang on to for craft projects!
I especially like this diy pumpkin project where I can practically use the entire book. It's super easy too! In just a few short steps I can go from a blah book that is taking up space to a fun decorative pumpkin for Fall decor.
The finished project with a birch stem, burlap leaves, bark covered wire and painted paper edges.
After tearing the cover of the book, I drew the shape of a half pumpkin on the first page and cut it out.  Then, I began tracing the shape on the subsequent pages and continued cutting.
After tearing the cover of the book, I drew the shape of a half pumpkin on the first page and cut it out. Then, I began tracing the shape on the subsequent pages and continued cutting.
I continued until I was completely through the book.  I then began gluing and shaping the pages into a full pumpkin.
I continued until I was completely through the book. I then began gluing and shaping the pages into a full pumpkin.

Rustic Crafts & Chic Decor - Renee

• PJKP

When I was teaching we made andgels using Reader's Digest adding styrofome balls for the head and glued paper wings on the back below the head. Great project for kids.

• Mary Sparling

I went to a kids summer crafting class in the 1960's where one of the projects was making a Christmas Tree out of a old Sears Christmas catalouge (they were big & free then & every household received them).