A Stenciled Entryway Using The Lattice Allover Wall Pattern

The entryway is the first impression your home makes as a guest walks through the door. Give it presence and style by using wall stencils and paint. After all a beautifully decorated entryway can set a welcoming tone. Today we’re going to share with you an entryway that was enhanced with a wall pattern. Come take a look...
We'd like to welcome back Sallie Kjos, the interior designer behind GreyHunt Interiors. Sallie is well-known for designing interior spaces that infuse patterns and eye-catching color combinations. Do you remember when we shined our stencil spotlight on her or when we shared her Herringbone Brick stenciled kitchen backsplash? Well Sallie barely lets her paintbrush dry before she is back to stenciling a new fabulous space. This time she has us swooning over a dramatic entryway makeover. This is what the entryway looked like before.
This entryway belongs to Sallie and after updating her kitchen, she felt her entryway could also use a patterned boost using stencils. She put together a design board which included a geometric wall pattern and a bold color combination.
While wallpaper can be a great way to add visual interest to a space, it's expensive and a hassle to install. That's why stencils are a great alternative. Wall stencils are an easy and inexpensive way to update a space. Sallie browsed our website and selected the Lattice Allover Stencil by Kathy Petereson. This geometric pattern is part of our designer stencil series and is perfect for enhancing a lackluster entryway.
With her new stencil in hand, Sallie was ready to start her stenciling project! She hired Lynn from Plasters of Tuscany to paint the accent wall. Lynn used blue painter's tape to hold the geometric stencil in place and she painted the pattern in black over white. After each section was complete, she would untape the stencil and reposition to finish the pattern on the wall. For more information on how to stencil, please check out our stencil tutorials.
Are you ready to see how her entryway turned out? Here is her newly stenciled entryway accent wall. Sallie had this to say about her makeover, "Love when I get to be my own designer! I just LOVE it and people are going nuts over it.”
We love how stencils can easily add dramatic flair to this accent wall. Now Sallie can greet guests with some stenciled style!

• Lattice allover stencil from cutting edge stencils  (www.cuttingedgestencils.com)

To see more: http://blog.cuttingedgestencils.com/stencils-add-dramatic-flair-entryway-accent-wall.html

• Kim Doherty

I love this look, so gorgeous! I have a few questions please ... How do you keep the paint from bleeding through the stencil? Do you have to clean the stencil after each use? How do you keep the pattern straight? I can see how this would be very tedious & potentially a hot mess. Thank you!
    • Barb

This is beyond stunning and what a gorgeous ideas that you thought of. You entryway way is photo ready for a magazine shoot. Your hired at my house.

• Judy Gaspar

Where can I find the herringbone back splash mentioned?
  • Sharon Gilmore

What kind of paint did you use for your front door and trim! It is stunning!

• Carla Sue

looks good from some angles but it's a little too much in point of views
  • Ran22549902

Amazing...I’m speechless and that doesn’t happen often.
    Randy