Erica D
Erica D
  • Warsaw, IN

How to Make Your Own Wallpaper

Wallpaper can be expensive. Usually the ones you love are pricey! Make your own with this tutorial.
how to make your own wallpaper, how to, repurpose household items, wall decor
I had this small nook in my house that needed updating. It is seen from our kitchen, holds our most used door, and is also our walk through laundryroom. It is a high traffic space that needed spruced up!
Before Makeover Shot
Before Makeover Shot
I researched wallpapers and all the ones that I loved were still pretty expensive...even for this small nook. I tried a few paint samples on the wall to see if that added pop of color would do the trick, it did not.
Then one day as I was reading one of my favorite books, I had an idea. Why not use the book to create my own wallpaper!? The images I LOVE. the colors are BEAUTIFUL! The quotes are INSPIRING. It was the perfect solution to my small space.
I ripped up my book, got a few tools and wallpaper paste and got to work creating my own wallpaper. I love how it turned out! I know this look isn't for everyone. It was perfect for our home. It is colorful and lively just like us. You might also like my floral wall I painted, if you like color! You can take this idea with your own book and create a wallpaper that fits you! A recipe book in a kitchen or an encyclopedia in a reading nook would look cool too!
I love how this nook also compliments the pink lockers in my kitchen! For lots more pictures and specific details, please check out my blog post. http://spoonfulofimagination.com/how-to-make-your-own-wallpaper/

• Book  (amazon)
  • Wallpaper paste  (lowes)
Erica D

• M

This is lovely in creative. Did you roll wallpaper paste on the right side too? Or any other finish?

• Liz Beth Smith

What is the book you used?! Looks cute and inspirational!!

• Barbara

Searching for wall paper?Don't forget to search the thrift stores, Goodwill, etc. I've found more than enough, New rolls on same pattern, for fifty cents double roll. Complete in cellophane wrappers.

• Kathryn Sanderson

A suggestion for where to get the books: Try buying used books in secondhand bookstores, thrift shops, or on line. Lots of cute children's books end up in thrift shops...in fact, all kinds of illustrated books do. Just take a look.