Louise Biernesser
Louise Biernesser
  • Milton, FL

Our Garden

We moved into our home the first week of Nov 2011. Since it was a new home, our backyard was nothing but sand..... I thought I'd post our progress.
Our Garden now
Our Garden now
Backyard before we moved into our home
Backyard before we moved into our home
After the pool
After the pool
I purchased a greenhouse kit and made the hypertufa path using a mold.  The greenhouse has paid for itself with all the plants that I've grown from seed
I purchased a greenhouse kit and made the hypertufa path using a mold. The greenhouse has paid for itself with all the plants that I've grown from seed
My little Zen area
My little Zen area
the back edging is a hypertufa mix.  This area is for butterflies and birds...
the back edging is a hypertufa mix. This area is for butterflies and birds...
This becomes my herb area
This becomes my herb area
My husband and I put this greenhouse together ... ever tried that?  fortunately we're not divorced LOL
My husband and I put this greenhouse together ... ever tried that? fortunately we're not divorced LOL
I did this patio all by myself...  not bad for a 59 yr young lady!
I did this patio all by myself... not bad for a 59 yr young lady!
Fruit trees in and base plants/shrubs in....
this is the walkway we put in around the pool.  Word of caution here, the inner area became a pond because we didn't have a way for the water to leave after heavy rains  We (husband Jim) ended up digging under the walk to add drainage
this is the walkway we put in around the pool. Word of caution here, the inner area became a pond because we didn't have a way for the water to leave after heavy rains We (husband Jim) ended up digging under the walk to add drainage
Rosemary bed going in
Rosemary bed going in
our garden, gardening, landscape, outdoor living
Orchard - well...  our fruit trees and well
Orchard - well... our fruit trees and well
Greenhouse now from pool area
Greenhouse now from pool area

• Gail Salminen

@Louise Biernesser you could also donate fresh from your garden to local food banks and soup kitchens. The kitchens sometimes have people come and pick for you as well.

• Louise Biernesser

Gail, that's a great idea! I'll try and find one close to me.... Thanks for the advise. :-)