Sem I
Sem I
  • Suwanee, GA

HVAC unit not working but air blowing

Bijan Air ConditioningSem ILandlightS
+4

Why does the air blow from the vents when the actual compressor outside is not operating? The thermostat is turned on auto and cool, the unit in the basement is running continuously. Thanks.
  • LandlightS

What temperature setting is the thermostat set to. The compressor may be bad, but it is telling the blower fan in the furnace that it should be blowing cold air. Turn the thermostat to off and call a tech.

• Hamtil Construction LLC

Have you lost all the AC completely? If this just suddenly happened, it probably indicates that you need a service call.

• Sem I

Thanks for the reply. I got sick on top of the house being hot. So here is the situation, the unit outside is not running, the thermostat is on auto and cool, the furnace in the basement is running continuously even when all the thermostats were turned off, and the vents inside blowing air, just not cool air.

• LandlightS

Time for an HVAC rech to service your system. While waiting, turn off the power to the furnace.

• Sem I

Since the 2nd unit that cools the rooms upstairs still is operational, don't I have to leave the furnace on at night? Also, some wires look burnt from the outside (HVAC) unit. Could this be fixed? What would cost to replace it if we have to? Thanks.

• Bijan Air Conditioning

the indoor unit works individually so if the compressor dose not work still the fan is turning.

• Bijan Air Conditioning

sem every thing can be fixed depending how much you want to spend .