Propagating Shrubs from Cuttings

Summer is the perfect time to propagate cuttings from your favorite rose, azalea or hydrangea.
Since it takes several steps, I found this excellent pictorial article describing the whole process. http://www.finegardening.com/how-to/articles/propagate-your-shrubs-from-softwood-cuttings.aspx
The photos are of my own propagation chambers.
DVD package
soft drink bottle
plastic bag
glass jar

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home

• Cathy Norton
    Cathy Norton

How does one root gardenias? Are they a sun or shade plant? Thank you

• Pat Croley
      Pat Croley

Gardenias do well in sun or partial shade. You can root it on the live plant by pulling down a nice stem and place dirt over it.....then put a brick or rock it to hold it in the soil. It will root all by itself. Then you just cut the piece loose from the bush and plant it where you want it. If you want you can root them as stated above with cuttings. They are not hard to start.

• Sue Kiene
    Sue Kiene

a lilac tree can be propagated from cuttings. I saw an interesting post here on Hometalk and it was a lady using an aquarium as her dome for her starts. I though that was an excellent idea. She was doing lilacs and roses if you want to try to find the post.