DIY Mason Jar Manicure Kit AND Lantern

$14

It's teacher appreciation gift time...again! This time, it's for my daughter's three preschool teachers. Can you believe her school isn't out for the summer yet? Since I had recently purchased a box of Mason Jars, I thought I'd try and make a gift for her teachers using the jars. I had seen these cute manicure sets on Pinterest and since her teachers are young and fashionable, I decided to make them each a Mason Jar Manicure Kit. But why stop there? I realized that if I just added some wire and a candle, the Mason Jar could also be used as a hanging candle holder. Yay! Two gifts in one! For the items in the Manicure Kit, I purchased everything except the colored nail polish at The Dollar Tree. I thought these items were super cute and very economical considering I have three gifts to make. With the money I saved on the supplies, I splurged on the polish and bought Essie, which is my favorite brand. For the lantern portion, all I had to do was add a bit of wire around the rim of the jar. So by day, it's a Mason Jar Manicure Kit, but at night, it magically transforms into this hanging lantern! For full steps and a list of supplies, visit my blog at: http://tidbitsandtwine.com/diy-mason-jar-manicure-set-lantern/
diy mason jar manicure kit and lantern
diy mason jar manicure kit and lantern
diy mason jar manicure kit and lantern

• Stuff
  • Stuff
Kim {Tidbits&Twine}

• This is such a FaNtAsTiC idea! It would be perfect for us as well b/c my oldest son is in middle school and had so many teachers! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing! 😉

• Angela.elza

How did you add the wire around the jar to make the lantern? I've seen several projects like this where you can hang the jar - but don't know how to do that part. Thanks so much!

• Kim {Tidbits&Twine}

@Angela.elza I first created a wire rim by wrapping a length of wire under the rim of the mason jar and twisting the ends together to ensure a snug fit around the opening of the jar. I then used another piece of wire to make the handle by twisting each of the ends around the wire rim I had made on opposite sides of the jar. I hope that makes sense! It's a little hard to explain but you might be able to see a better picture here: http://tidbitsandtwine.com/diy-mason-jar-manicure-set-lantern/