Glass Marble Patio Light

$6.00

Some flat glass dollar store marbles, silicone glue, and a recycled idea for a pretzel rod container, adding in a battery operated LED light and you can make a beautiful and bright for your garden or patio. stop by to see the full tutorial! http://creativemeinspiredyou.com/diy-glass-marble-patio-light/
glass marble patio light, crafts, gardening, lighting, outdoor living, raised garden beds
I am the kind of person who loves to save money. I love to use things and recycle, because it makes me feel like I get more for my money.
So when I buy things like pretzel rods, which I normally don’t buy unless I am being extravagant, I like to know that the pretzels are enjoyed and I can continue on with the container and create something with that as well.
Silly, maybe, but I love when I create something super useful- this DIY Glass Marble Patio Light.
Add a dot of glue onto each marble. then start at the bottom and adhere around the lower part of the container.
Stack the marbles around the container. Allow drying time every couple of rows if you see the marble begin to shift or fall down.
Once the whole container is covered, add the smaller stones around the lid, and decorate the top as well, filling in with the smaller stones in gaps.
Just open the lid and turn off the light, it’s safe outside with the lid back on.

• Silicone,
  • Plastic container
  • Glass marbles  (dollar store)

Creative Me Inspired You

• Mary Church

What do you use for light?

• Lisa Sinclair

Battery operated fairy lights would be great! They have a steady mode, or they can twinkle. And a lot of them have timers, so they'll turn on, and off , at the same time every night.

• Mary Hofstra

I buy pretzel rods at Aldi that come in a big container but the lid is brown. The light wouldn't show through it very well. What color was your lid?

• Lisa Sinclair

Looks like she used a tub with a clear plastic lid. I buy these at Walmart, or Aldis.

• Donna Cobler

Where do you buy the battery LED lights?
    • Betty

IKEA also carries them, plus they carry extra batteries.