I have a stuccoed house in need of a face lift. Can it be painted?

+4
The stucco is about 6 years old and beginning to show it's age. I've been told that stucco can not be painted, the house would need to be re-stuccoed. Is that correct?
  • William William on Jun 28, 2016
    Stucco can be painted. Sherman Williams sells paint formulated for stucco. You can also use an exterior masonry paint. The pros in the paint dept. can help you out. http://homeguides.sfgate.com/paint-old-exterior-stucco-25797.html
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 28, 2016
    I do not know who told you stucco cannot be painted.There are many paint companies that offer paint for specific reasons.Choose your color and go for it.
  • Rebecca Platt Rebecca Platt on Jun 29, 2016
    Uhhh, we have a 100 year old stucco Home and yes, it can be painted. It HAS been painted. Don't know who told you that.
  • Marilyn Highley Marilyn Highley on Jun 29, 2016
    I don't see why it couldn't be painted. I had a stucco house that was 60 years old and it had been painted several times. Unless the "stucco" is made of something new/synthetic/odd??
  • Jennie Lee Jennie Lee on Jun 30, 2016
    I'd advise you not to hire the person who told you that to do any work for you!
  • Denise Denise on Jul 01, 2016
    Absolutely it can be painted! Use a roller with a heavy nap.
  • Gaf7663335 Gaf7663335 on Jul 02, 2016
    You maybe able to pressure wash the house to make it look good again