Cool Burnt Beer Flights

54K Views
Make inexpensive and easy beer flights to impress your friends!
Time: 2 HoursCost: $15Difficulty: Easy
  • cool burnt beer flights, crafts, diy, home decor, tools, woodworking projects
Beer flights are all the rage, right? Why not host your own? Make this simple and inexpensive beer flight holder!
First, shop the wood which is key for a great burn effect. Don't get the cheapest wankiest pine, get the middle grade that still has lots of grain but is straighter.
I used 1x4 and cut it based on the logo I was adding in the center as well as the glassware size for four beers.
With simple butt joints, this thing is a breeze to make. Pilot drill some holes and bang in some galvanized roofing nails for a cool industrial look.
Be sure to swing by my blog Flipping the Flip to get all the juicy details on this project as well as others!
Sorry for the lame photo but next is drilling out your holes with a hole saw. Here they're based on the size of the glass again.
Lastly? Burn those buggers with a propane torch. Outside. Don't burn yourself or your house down, ok? I evened up the color with a touch of stain then sealed them up with several coats of a heavy use polyurethane.
Be sure to find out the only way you should be transferring images to wood by visiting my shim box blog post.
Not the best photo again, my bad. I attached a sliver of wood on the edge there to hold a coaster. They'll use the coaster to write all the beer names on and it'll have the logo on the back.
Spiffy, yeah? Super cheap, built in less than a half hour. Be sure to click the link below for more info!

Suggested materials for this project:

• 1x4 pine  (home improvement store)
  • Galvanized nails  (home improvement store)
  • Stain  (home improvement store)
Becky at Flipping the Flip