Cool Burnt Beer Flights

$15

Make inexpensive and easy beer flights to impress your friends!
cool burnt beer flights, crafts, diy, home decor, tools, woodworking projects
Beer flights are all the rage, right? Why not host your own? Make this simple and inexpensive beer flight holder!
First, shop the wood which is key for a great burn effect. Don't get the cheapest wankiest pine, get the middle grade that still has lots of grain but is straighter.
I used 1x4 and cut it based on the logo I was adding in the center as well as the glassware size for four beers.
With simple butt joints, this thing is a breeze to make. Pilot drill some holes and bang in some galvanized roofing nails for a cool industrial look.
Be sure to swing by my blog Flipping the Flip to get all the juicy details on this project as well as others!
Sorry for the lame photo but next is drilling out your holes with a hole saw. Here they're based on the size of the glass again.
Lastly? Burn those buggers with a propane torch. Outside. Don't burn yourself or your house down, ok? I evened up the color with a touch of stain then sealed them up with several coats of a heavy use polyurethane.
Be sure to find out the only way you should be transferring images to wood by visiting my shim box blog post.
Not the best photo again, my bad. I attached a sliver of wood on the edge there to hold a coaster. They'll use the coaster to write all the beer names on and it'll have the logo on the back.
Spiffy, yeah? Super cheap, built in less than a half hour. Be sure to click the link below for more info!

• 1x4 pine  (home improvement store)
  • Galvanized nails  (home improvement store)
  • Stain  (home improvement store)
Becky at Flipping the Flip

• Lori

Ok, I have to know, what is a beer "flight". I can see what it is but do beer bottles go in the holes or glasses of beer and is it to keep wet things off the tables? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

• Vicky

Lori - I did not look at the first question asked, just this one so wouldn't have seen that answer.

• Kit

How is this used? What's the purpose? I'd love to see a finished photo with it in use.

• Pyr7576813

What is this used for? Can you add as picture to detail how to use this?

• This is to hold several sampler size glasses of different beers, making it easy to carry them. Sadly I don't have a photo of it in use but I'm working on it. Thanks!

• Sue

No, I live in Oregon and beer/wine flights are hugely popular. With so many micro breweries here, this is a great way to sample small amounts of different kinds of beer/wine. Great idea!! Love it.

• MB

Thanks Becky for posting! Yes, it would be cool to provide flights at home rather than at the bar/restaurant. Thanks too for the post explaining why it is called a flight (light to dark) didn't know that part, just knew a flight of beers was a tasting of usually 4 different ones. It allows one to try the brews without having a whole mug you may not like. AWESOME...Cheers Becky!

• Surely you can mix and match as your heart desires or indeed follow the light to dark. Glad you enjoyed the post and thanks so much!