DIY Large Planters... From Trash Cans!

643K Views
Want a set of large planters for the front door? Don't want to spend a lot of money? Then, I have the perfect project for you today! Take a look at these planters here! You will not believe what they are made of...
  • diy large planters from trash cans , container gardening, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Yep... trash cans! While walking through the home improvement store, I was appalled to see that large planters were in the $30 range! That's a lot of money. I was able to make these little babies for about $4 each. I chose these trash cans because the shape is tapered and totally adorable!
As usual, I like to mix my own chalk-y paint. Click over to the blog post to get the exact recipe for this paint. It's totally easy to make and creates the most gorgeous sheen ever!
Every planter needs a spot for water to drain. I simply used an electric drill to make several holes in the bottoms of the planters.
This was a really fun project. I love the way they came out. For more tips, details and pictures, be sure to visit the blog post below. If you try this tutorial, be sure to let me know. I'd love to see your versions!

Suggested materials for this project:

EngineerMommy