Jeff B
Jeff B
  • Grandville, MI

Anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Glenda PinoMaryDiane Basile
+4

Sorry for the double post - I posted in photos first but then noticed that this really was a question and there was a specific spot for that. Anyway, I just purchased these plants this past Saturday from a very reputable nursery in my area. The plants looked great on Saturday and Sunday. However, on Monday they looked like this. Anyone have any idea what this is and how to treat it?
anyone know what this is and how to fix it, gardening
  • Sherrie S

Jeff B, I recently bought plants for my pond from an established internet company. Within a few days the plants were horrible. I called the company and explained how they looked and they replaced all of them for free. Just be nice and explain the problem.

• 3po3

At the very least, the nursery should know of problem pests ravaging your area. They are your best resource to answer this question and potentially help you revive or replace the plant.

• Beverly P

One thing to keep in mind though is that most of the time plants you buy and plant go through a certain amount of shock, you have to rough them up a bit to release the roots so they know it is time to grow again. Give it a bit of time to see if they don't perk back up again. also very important when you plant you have to really water them in well, maybe three times a day depending on your climate. If they don't perk upwithin a week, take them back,,,most every nursery will make it right. Happy gardening!!

• Nichole S

I think you have a very hungry little bug. The slugs did that same thing to my radish leaves.

• Diane Basile

I have a hibiscus and every year the Japanese beetles devour it. The leaves end up looking like openwork lace. It looks like that's what is happening to your plant.

• Mary

aphids or slugs are eating it. it's a salvia. pinch back the flowers after they are done and it will bloom all summer. join pinterest and search for natural bug deterrents. It's free and there are dozens of cures for all kinds of problems.

• Glenda Pino

If u just purchased, take right to the store and get a new one. Check for bugs before bringing it home.