Using Boots for Growing Succulents

Take your boots off and sit a spell! Succulents ("hen and chicks") and moss rose plants grow in old boots near our back door.
The "hen and chick" succulents stay in the boot in the winter when it's moved inside the barn and come back to life with sunshine and water.  I found all this out because I was too lazy to remove the poor plants one winter.
The "hen and chick" succulents stay in the boot in the winter when it's moved inside the barn and come back to life with sunshine and water. I found all this out because I was too lazy to remove the poor plants one winter.
Flowers from the half dead plant rack at Lowes go into the old chair.   I'm glad it's the flowers and not me as I would break this poor chair into 100 pieces.   Sigh.
Flowers from the half dead plant rack at Lowes go into the old chair. I'm glad it's the flowers and not me as I would break this poor chair into 100 pieces. Sigh.
Old chair and boot flowers welcome everyone who arrives at our back door.

To see more: http://www.rivercliffcottage.com/2013/07/12/boot-flowers/

• I love these - I have wanted to do this for a while - just waiting to find the perfect pair of boots...

• Eva Barker Beaule

Cathy...These were an old castoff from my minister. You might want to look at Salvation Army, for an old pair. I think a pair of high heels would be cute.