Hardcover Book Clock DIY

Do you have a bibliophile at your home? Or maybe you're the book lover? Turn a hardcover book into a clock for the avid reader in your life.
Start with a hardcover book. A good place to find one is your local thrift store or resell book shop.
Once you have your book pick a clock mechanism that fits the size of your book cover. I wanted the hands of my clock to not be larger than the book itself.
Cut out the inside book pages to make room for the clock piece that controls the movement and holds the battery.
Once the inside of the book is cut out and the mechanism placed inside you can begin placing the numbers on the outside of the book.
The next step is to attach the hands to the front of the book clock. Finally you will set the correct time for your new clock.

Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
JulieMeasures

• Holly
    Holly

This may be a silly question. But, would you maybe glue the pages so that the book doesn't accidentally open up and the clock pieces fall out or become damaged? I drop things, that would totally be my luck. Lol

• Maggie Ann
      Maggie Ann

I would take a piece of ribbon, slather it with glue, and place it along a cut edge of the book.