Hardcover Book Clock DIY

Do you have a bibliophile at your home? Or maybe you're the book lover? Turn a hardcover book into a clock for the avid reader in your life.
Start with a hardcover book. A good place to find one is your local thrift store or resell book shop.
Once you have your book pick a clock mechanism that fits the size of your book cover. I wanted the hands of my clock to not be larger than the book itself.
Cut out the inside book pages to make room for the clock piece that controls the movement and holds the battery.
Once the inside of the book is cut out and the mechanism placed inside you can begin placing the numbers on the outside of the book.
The next step is to attach the hands to the front of the book clock. Finally you will set the correct time for your new clock.

16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
JulieMeasures

• Holly

This may be a silly question. But, would you maybe glue the pages so that the book doesn't accidentally open up and the clock pieces fall out or become damaged? I drop things, that would totally be my luck. Lol

• Maggie Ann

I would take a piece of ribbon, slather it with glue, and place it along a cut edge of the book.