Donna J
Donna J
  • Conyers, GA
Asked on Jun 1, 2012

How can I make the number on this shrub be more visible?

Raewyn AndrewsSue RindfleschLyn Therese
+6

I've spent many months training these shrubs to where they are now. The numbers on the shrub is 3 and on the other 5. My neighbor suggested that I string some lights just on the numbers to make them pop. Another suggested that I spray white marking paint on them. Any suggestions? I like being creative and thought this was a great project. Now I am not so sure.
Shrubs with house numbers
Shrubs with house numbers
  • Leslie D

My thought would be to remove the leaves that "outline" the numbers, leaving a gap that appears black (sort of like the inside edge of your "5" to make them more visible Cool idea...but I'm curious...are these your house numbers?

Good idea but you may have set yourself up for constant pruning. I think string lights would work.

• Spray [paint in s very dark green

• Sherrie S

That is so unique I would love it. I would find some kind of flexible wire or ribbon and if necessary paint it and bend it around the numbers.

• KMS Woodworks

Spray paint will block the light...and the leaves will wither and die. I'd rig up some Ribbon...weaving it in and out of the branches.

• Marcy

pretty cool what you did! but I don't have a suggestion for you, sorry!

• Lyn Therese

With heavy gauge wire, make the numbers.....bend wire to shape of number, spray paint the numbers what ever color that would stand out....maybe white or black, gold or silver, or perhaps even a different shade of green. Allow enough wire at the bottom, to push in the ground. like a lawn ornament in front of the numbers on the bush. Or maybe just leave your bushes alone and let them fill in again and make numbers out of wood even and spear them into the ground. Just curious, what is the purpose of the numbers? Your address?

• Sue Rindflesch

I can't see any numbers what so ever! I feel bad...

• Raewyn Andrews

Hmm maybe if you reversed it and had the numbers inset in the shrub just a thought