What stores have vintage screen doors available?

+6
I can't find a vintage screen door for my house. Home Depot and Lowes do not carry them. I want a white one with scroll work.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 30, 2016
    If you have a Habitat for Humanity Re-Sale store maybe with a try. The only other suggestion is to research on-line or E-bay.
  • Cindi Cindi on Jun 30, 2016
    You could probably search antique stores and maybe find one, but there are places that can also make them for you. www.coppawoodworking.com can make wood doors, do iron scrollwork, etc. They can even make windows to match. Vintage look in a new door.
  • B B on Jun 30, 2016
    I found them at my Home Depot but you could try dk hardware too.
  • Pgl Pgl on Jun 30, 2016
    Lowe's and Home-depot have them on line or buy just a plain wooden screen-door and go to a large craft store or on line and look for wooden scrolls. you can glue them in place then paint your door.
  • Robin Lueddeke Robin Lueddeke on Jul 01, 2016
    You should check our Craig's List in your area. Look at the antique section, etc. Look at the free stuff, it's amazing what good things you can get for free! Look in the building materials and furniture sections too. You can also put it in the "search" area of each section. Good luck!
  • Jim L Jim L on Jul 01, 2016
    Forget the "big box" stores! Go to one of your locally owned hardware/building supply stores and they will have just what you need. Always go to these stores first. Then have people who know what is available and they know what they are doing!
  • Cath windmueller Cath windmueller on Jul 01, 2016
    www.vintagescreendoors.com
  • Sandra Sandra on Jul 01, 2016
    Try vintagewoodworks.com