Jacqueline Elaine
Jacqueline Elaine
  • Davenport, IA

Has anyone tried using chalk paint on paneled walls?

Jacqueline ElaineTara AnnPatricia Presto/On The Surface
+6

I was wondering what the outcome would be if wood paneled walls were painted with chalk paint? I have a bedroom to remodel and Im curious it chalk paint has been a success.
  • Dee

If it is shiny lightly sand it, then primer and paint it should come out great.

• Jacqueline Elaine

I've used regular primer and paint in another room on a paneled wall and it turned out great! I'm wanting a more "aged" look that the chalk paint gives the furniture. I wondered if I would get that.....

• Pam

if you use chalk paint you must wax or seal or it will scuff with each rub.

• Jacqueline Elaine

Thanks, Pam =)

• I think chalk paint is best for furniture... and is definitely at its best when waxed and buffed.

• Jacqueline Elaine

I now have my wax to finish up my very first piece of furniture. Keep your fingers crossed!

• Tara Ann

Hi, I am also thinking about painting my dark panelled walls in one room. Did you have any luck with this? I have used chalk paint on furniture but unsure about what to use to seal the chalk paint on walls. Thanks!

• Jacqueline Elaine

@Tara Ann I have not tried this yet. I still have a dark paneled room that needs painting!