Alice Bill Parker
Alice Bill Parker
  • Pensacola, FL

A crack in our tub liner

Alice Bill ParkerKattTeresa F
+3

We have a hairline crack in our tub liner It was a set we bought at Lowes a surround kit
When you stand on it it gives a little
No money here it has to be a do it yourself
Any suggestions ??????
  • KMS Woodworks

How old is this? many companys will have a warranty against defects, some will even include a "in home repair".

• Alice Bill Parker

Hey thanks for info Hope I have my paperwork

• Teresa F

I had the same thing happen several years ago and the warranty had expired. I purchased a fiberglass repair kit and repaired the cracks and it is still holding. It may not look great but you can hide it with a tub mat.

• Alice Bill Parker

Thanks so much T

• Katt

Help! My tubs in two bath rooms had wholes in the sides of the tub when I bought my previously owned home. I patched them with fiber glass kits so that problems is solved. Now one of the tubs has several hairline fractures in the bottom. This makes me think the tub wasn't properly supported when it was installed. The bottom of the tub has a raised pattern that is a very small grid. I question wether applying the fiber glass to the bottom is the thing to do. Alice anBill I hope you don't mind me hopping in with my problem. I too must have a DYI project for this.

• Alice Bill Parker

No problem Good ideas here though