Repurposing an Old Entertainment Center

$100

I have a good friend who asked me to help her do something special for her twin boy's 2nd birthday...Convincing the husband wouldn't be girly I would make it a chefs kitchen that Emeril would approve of....I was OFF by about 3 weeks after the birthday ( I had pictures of what I had done so far) but that had to do with my dad falling and breaking his ankle then having a stroke in the other blah blah. No matter what though I was happy!
This is what I started with my friend had to convince her husband that at the end this would not look 
"girly" and I think we ok with that. A few items I had, didn't need, some I purchased but in the end they were happy!
This is what I started with my friend had to convince her husband that at the end this would not look "girly" and I think we ok with that. A few items I had, didn't need, some I purchased but in the end they were happy!
Final result...the door on left top and bottom had to use particle board but painted with chalkboard 
AND Magnetic paint for things to stick to it
Final result...the door on left top and bottom had to use particle board but painted with chalkboard AND Magnetic paint for things to stick to it
Worked hard n making the little kitchen sink like almost workable. Just cut off the bottom of the faucet so it could be glued down, cutting the whole in this thing was the pits! Almost everything purchased was dollar store
I wanted this to have an actual window so got the curtains from the dollar store and hung them my jump rings, my cat Marley is letting the boys know who this really belongs to!
I photoshopped the pictures of the burners....glued them down but wanted them on solid paper, thought someday the boys could turn this whole thing into a boys workbench!I
My friend wanted this to be more masculine so when I suggested black/chrome/a little red she thought it was Perfect. I agree! spent a little more on the oven handles...they needed to be right..
Here is the inside of the storage, put in lots of storage and even a grilling plate and cookie cooler, popcorn set up place to put their stuff away

Tanya Peterson Felsheim

• KathrynElizabeth Etier

This is fantastic. I love giving those drab old entertainment centers a new life, and you've done it so beautifully.

• Marjoycek

I love it! Boys need encouragement for stuff like this too. I know my grandsons would've loved this too.