Turn Toy Animals Into Fun Clothing Hooks

$10
1 Day

These clothing hooks made out of plastic animals are the cutest and easiest bedroom organization to make. I used them in my daughter's room as children's bedroom decor, but I like them so much, I think I'll be making more for other rooms too.
Step 1: Gather Your Materials
animal hooks, crafts, how to, repurposing upcycling, shelving ideas
I used plastic animals I picked up for cheap, a small hacksaw, craft adhesive, and a wooden board.
Step 2: Cut the Animals in Half
I cut my animals in half using a hacksaw. I tried using an exacto knife, but it took a while and wasn't as clean. Using the hacksaw took about 30 seconds for each animal.
Step 3: Glue on Your Animals
I used a liberal amount of glue on the animals just to make sure they would stay put!
Once I applied the glue, I firmly stuck the animal halves onto my piece of wood. I let the glue dry for a full 24 hours before using it. In my first attempt at this project, I used my hook a little too soon and it fell right off, so give it the full dry time!
Because these hooks are only going to be supporting kids jackets, I didn't add a support screw, but if you want to or need to, you can drill a screw through the back of the wood right into the head of your animal (which is more solid than the rest of the figure).
It's so fun, I'm going to make one out of the back ends too!
My kids have never loved clean-up so much!

• Hacksaw
  • Plastic animals  (Dollar Store)
  • Craft glue  (Craft Store)