Eco Wood Polish (Just 2 Ingredients!)

$6

I'm always looking for great eco cleaning products that are cheap, easy to use, and non toxic, and this homemade cleaner is the best furniture polish I have ever used. It's made out of liquid (fractionated) coconut oil and lemon juice.

Step 1: Gather Your Materials
I used liquid coconut oil and bottled lemon juice. The coconut oil is refined in a way so that it will never go rancid. I found lots of people online that just used olive oil, but i'm a big fan of fractionated coconut oil. Step 2: Mix Your Lemon Juice and Coconut Oil
I poured 1 cup of lemon juice and 1.5 cups of coconut oil into a bowl, but pouring them into a bottle that you could close and use later on is also a good idea. Step 3: Dip Your Cloth into the Polish
Make sure to dip the cloth through both the oil and the juice, as they will separate. If you put your polish into a jar, just give it a good shake before using it.
This table has been used for art projects by a bunch of kids and needed some love. Step 4: Wipe Your Wood Surface
Now, gust go over any nicked areas or stains. A quick wipe has your wood looking great again!
Feel free to let it sit and do an extra coat if your wood is really looking dull.
Not only is this quick and eco-friendly, it will leave your surfaces with a nice, fresh scent. Isn't this just the best cleaner for wood?!?!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Margaret Miller

Great tip! Thanks for sharing.......... but is it suitable for all shades of wood? Dark and light?

• Judith C

Where do you find the fractionated coconut oil?

• Debbie Burnside Kuntz

I get it on amazon very inexpensive and sometimes called MTC oil also used to aid your metabolism

• Shawna Bailey

I got it on Amazon too! I've seen it in other stores but I think it's a seasonal item (although which season I have no idea).

• Lyndee

What is Liquid (fractionated) coconut oil, and where can I purchase it?

• Sun5802441

do a search on Internet. Just read this and that's what I will do.

• Shawna Bailey

It's a process they use to remove some of the fats, it gives the oil a very long shelf life. So it won't go rancid. I got mine on Amazon.

• Liz Arthur Graham

Could you use this on your wood floors?

• Janet

I would try a small corner of your wood floor, and make sure it is not too slippery. I use a diluted water/white vinegar solution to clean my floors. They look shiny and nice.

• Shawna Bailey

works great on wood floors. It's only slippery for about 15 minutes after putting it on then the wood absorbs all the oil.

• Amanda

can you use regular coconut oil?

• SJ Hall

Would this be too slippery for hardwood floors?

• Alba Claire Shane

What does fractionated mean?

• Jan Walker

I googled it...here is what I found...hope it helps you!! In a nutshell it’s a fraction of the whole Coconut oil, the Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) to be exact; the lauric acid is removed. Our Fractionated Coconut Oil (MCT - Medium Chain Triglycerides) is made from the highest quality coconuts and has numerous applications from medicine, personal care products, and even some special diets.

• Downtowne04

Thank you Jan. You saved me from having to 'google' for the answer....lol

• DeAnn Curbo

Thanks also Jan! I, too was going to "google" the answer :)

• Shawna Bailey

It's a process they use to remove some of the fats, it gives the oil a very long shelf life. So it won't go rancid.

• Roberta Good

Can you use bottled or reconstituted lemon juice, or does it have to be juice squeezed from fresh lemons?

• Barbara Snowden

Where can you find fractionated coconut oil?

• Terri

Is this safe for pets to walk on ?

• Beverly Boehm

Would it be alright to use organic coconut oil and mix it with the lemon juice for one application?

• Beverly Boehm

Can I use my organic coconut oil?

• Lau2847630

Can you use this on stained wood or wood furniture that has been polyurethane?

• JB Miller

Can this be used on wood floors?

• Gladigotyou

you might try it in a small out of the way area & see if it's slippery.

• Shawna Bailey

It works well on hard wood floors, it's a little slippery for the first 15 minutes till the oil gets absorbed in. SO be careful.

• Kiva Haithcock Snyder

How does this work on butcher blocks?

• Lori

I think it would work well since both ingredients are non toxic and food safe

• Elisa

Lemon juice and salt is a great way to clean cutting boards and butcher block counters

• Shawna Bailey

Yes it works great on butchers blocks.

• Jok7613982

Would you use this on kitchen cabinets? Would it get rid of the greasy feel?

• Vicki Riggs

This sounds like a great idea. Does the lemon juice need to be fresh squeezed?? Is fresh-squeezed a better option than bottled lemon juice??

• Ellen Ruighaver

I dont think it matters ... of course, anything organic or "fresh" is going to be better than store bought ... just my two cents! ;)

• Shawna Bailey

In this case bottled is actually the better option. If you are using it right away you can use fresh, but make sure that there are no bits.

• Elisa

What is the purpose of the lemon juice? Does it do anything except at scent? If my cabinet is already clean why not just use the coconut oil?

• Linda

It cuts the dirt/ old plish buildup

• Elisa

But doing it together doesn't it keep the old dust & build up on the furniture? So shouldn't you clean first then seal and moisturize with the oil?

• Shawna Bailey

It cleans but also helps the wood absorb the oil. If you use just the oil you will find that the wood will have an oily buildup that attracts dust.

• Cor8156758

Does it leave an oily film which attracts dust? Many commercial products which treat the furniture & leave a nice shine also leave an oily film on the surface.

• Trisha

Yes it does but I alway buff with clean rag looks great it's 2-3 step process which they never tell ya all the story

• Cor8156758

Trishanane8. That would probably make quite a difference. I will try it. Thanks

• Shawna Bailey

No it does not.

• Deb brame

Where do you buy liquid coconut oil?

• Janice

Most grocery stores in the cooking oil section.

• Sherri

You can purchase fractionated coconut oil on Amazon.

• Audrey

Health Food stores, etc.

• Gretchen Dietz

The coconut oil in the cooking oil section of the grocery store is probably not fractionated meaning it will harden up and need to be melted back down. The fractionated kind doesn't get hard. I would think if you're just making this for a one-time use, you could use regular coconut oil.

• Sandra Leigh

Do terra has it

• IFortuna

Nothing is better than the orange oil we get at the grocers. It takes grease off of items as well as those pesky stickers that look awful on your newly bought wood and ceramic items. I have even used it on my lacquer items and it makes them like brand new. Olive oil also will remove gummy and sticky stickers. If you are going to finish bare or unfinished wood, I recommend Tung oil. it seals and protects the wood in a natural way. It protects the wood from cup rings, heat and cold. It can be reapplied and polished to a satiny finish. I still use orange oil on my tung oil treated dining table to keep the wood looking beautiful and conditioned. Tung oil has been use in China for about 5000 years so I think it passes the test of time. : )

• Shawna Bailey

I got it o Amazon, but I have seen it a few times at home depot and bed a bath, but I think it's a seasonal item (which season I have no idea)

• Zuleika Reynoso

After used can it be saved and for how long?

• Shawna Bailey

It's life depends on what type of lemon juice you use. If you use fresh lemon juice it should be used pretty quickly, if you use bottle lemon juice it can last a few weeks.

• Jacqueline

Can this be used on wood floors?

• Shawna Bailey

Yes, just be advised it's a little oily for the first 15 minutes while the wood soaks up all the oil. SO don't walk on it then, for safety sake.

• Michelle

What can I use on my leather couch to clean it and restore the leather?

• Cindy Beth

Saddle soap

• Neutrogena face cleaner in water will clean body oil and not hurt the leather. Wash with a soft cloth, rinse with plain water, then dry with a soft cloth. Cloths are to be only damp, not soppy wet.

• Justfixit

I wipe mine off with a damp rag and when it's dry I wipe the whole couch with a very light application of olive oil.

• Hanneke Bennett

Is saddle soap a cleaner and polisher?

• Annie Doherty

Saddle soap nourishes the leather and keeps it supple, I personally feel that clean it first with a damp rag and a mild liquid soap or baby shampoo. When dry use saddle soap and buff the leather once it is absorbed, to give leather a nice sheen. That's what I use on my 30 odd year old sofas which I purchased from Heal's and still as goid as new. Give it a try.

• Shawna Bailey

Nope this is not good for leather!

• Karen Marie

Saddle soap is MADE for leather. It cleans, nourishes,and polishes. It's what we've used on handmade real leather saddles, bridles, belts, boots, dusters, & coats for eons. No reason in the world not to use it on the couch.

• Superbee

What is fractionated coconut oil?

• Paige

Fractionated means the oil has been through a special process so that the oil never goes rancid like most normal oils do. It lasts forever :)

• Nancy

This means the oil is refinded.

• Shawna Bailey

Yes! What Peggy and Nancy said.

• Carol

I already have a large bottle of almond oil, which I think would work as well as the coconut oil. Opinions please?

• Jade

Where do you find fractionated coconut oil? Do grocery stores carry it?

• Jade

Whoops read further and found answers. Thanks

• Shawna Bailey

I bought mine on Amazon but I have seen it a few times at home depot or bed and bath but I think it's a seasonal item.

• Debbie Mueller Everitt

It's not sticky?

• Shawna Bailey

Not sticky at all, it's a little oily feeling for about 15 minutes till the wood soaks up all the oil.

• New4976094

Will it leave an oily residue, or does the acidic Nature of the juice counteract that?

• Shawna Bailey

It is a little oily for about 15 minutes when the oil is soaking in and then it stops being oily and feels nice.

• Sue

Does it leave a greasy feel on the wood? Could you use it on hardwood floors?

• Shawna Bailey

• Franki Wolhart

Is it greasy or slippery? I would like to use this on my hard wood floors!

• Cba7705866

would you walk on the tabletop? don't suppose it's a different kind of wood, do you?

• Jayme

Cbailey is a smartass

• Shawna Bailey

It is a little oily for about 15 minutes when the oil is soaking in and then it stops being oily. It is safe to use on hard wood floors just don't walk on them for 15 minutes.

• Dona

How do fractionate the coconut to get the oil??

• Tanasha

You buy it this way.

• Karen

You can go online, Amazon or your local health food store.

• Marj

I buy liquid coconut oil in the grocery store. There are many different brands. I cook with it.

• Joe Mullinax

This mixture is also a good foot rub for dry feet. Use less lemon oil if deep cracks. You can put on at bedtime with a white pair of footsies. My feet are so smooth.

• Joe Mullinax

• Shawna Bailey

Fractionated coconut oil has been refined usually through a steaming process to remove several of the fats found in coconut. Without these fats it won't go rancid.

• Teddy

Can i liquify my solid coconut oil and then mix them together (juice and oil)?

• Carol T

I think you'll find it will solidify again when cooled.

• Sylvia Picone

Yes it will solidify and also go rancid.

• Debbie

I set my out on the counter top beside the stove while I was cooking,it liquefied

• Don Yealy

Natural and organic Coconut Oil will turn to a liquid at 76 degrees F. When the ambient temperature around the Coconut Oil remains over 76 degrees F it will remain in liquid form.

• Teddy

Thank you!

• Shawna Bailey

Hi, liquid or fractionated coconut oil does not go rancid which is why I use it. I've seen on the internet a lot of people that use regular coconut oil and seem happy with it.

• AT

I was told to only use mineral oil when hydrating wood cutting boards because olive oil or any food oil would spoil. Seems the same would apply?

• Dianab

I don't see where she is using it on a cutting board ??

• Jeannie Carle

That isn't what she said Dianab. Read the last 5 words of her question. I had that same thought AT, and will be checking it out.

• Julianne Spreng

In step 1 she states the coconut oil is refined in a way that it will never go rancid. This means it will not spoil.

• Sheila Harris

That's why she uses fractionated oil!

• Pallet Man

Fractionated coconut oil still goes rancid but at a lower rate. The sugar in the lemon juice can also degrade.

• AT

Thanks pallet man, & yes, I read the coconut oil is refined... That doesn't turn it into something other than food... Cutting boards are made of wood. I'm not clear on how that's different than my wood furniture. Sorry, not trying to cause a fuss, it's just a concern I felt was valid to bring up.

• Elaine

coconut oil does not go rancid

• AT

Elaine, it actually does... maybe not for years, but in my opinion, Murphy's Oil is pretty much the same thing. Again, sorry to cause a fuss

• Melanie

Murphys oil never made my wood look better. And it has more chemicals . Also wood cutting boards may be OK some i like cutting boards I can put in the dishwasher even though the have to be trashed when they have too many cutting grooves.

• Diane Adams

Tempered glass boards are perfect for that reason..no cutting groove to hold bacteria, easily cleaned, and now with many pretty designs

• Ree

Glass cutting boards while easy to keep clean are not good for knife blades. Especially if you have expensive knives you will not want to use a glass board.

• Sonia Burrows

Lee Valley carries a salad bowl finish which can also be used on cutting boards. It's a combination of beeswax and mineral oil.

• Shawna Bailey

Always make sure your mineral oil is food grade! Many types are not safe to use on surfaces you put food on (like your cutting board and sometimes your table). You can use Mineral oil here.

• Pallet Man

Mineral oil sold at the pharmacy is food grade/medical grade. Look for USP on the label.

• Debbie Oleksik

Where can you buy that coconut oil

• Mira

There are many varieties available at Amazon.com. 16 oz bottle goes for 12-13$. Just google fractionated coconut oil.

• Ruben Figaroa

You can make it yourself

• Mira

Can you please explain how one can make fractionated out of regular coconut oil? Thanks.

• Shawna Bailey

I bought it on Amazon. But I would also like to know how to make it yourself?

• Mary

Can you use this on hard wood floors

• Shawna Bailey

Yes, it's a little slippery for about 15 minutes afterward while the oil is getting soaked in. So be careful for those first 15 minutes.

• Kathryn Matson

I have wood floors and the problem as Shawna mentioned can pose a problem. Another issue it can cause a build up. Use very sparingly.

• Thi8259240

Can this solution be made and kept in a squirt bottle and just shake a little before using??? I can't wait to make it and use it.

• Martha Hinkle

The coconut oil I have is Spectrum Expeller Pressed Organic Coconut Oil, but I do not see the word 'fractionated' on the label. Do you think this would be ok to use?

• Pat Kaman

The coconut has been put a certain process and removes certain fats. This will keep it in a liquid form and extend shelf life

• Shawna Bailey

I have seen many people online who use regular coconut oil or olive oil without saying that it goes rancid. I haven't done it myself but it seems to work well for others!

• Nancy Pena Brocker

The problem with using "regular" or coconut that is not expeller pressed is that is gets hard when it cools do it may be harder to work with. Other than that, I have never had a problem with my coconut oil going rancid and I buy it 3 gallons at a time. I love this idea and can't wait to try it!!!

• Pallet Man

Even coconut oil that hardens will melt at 80 degrees or so. 10 seconds in a microwave will melt it. If you melt is slowly, it will separate and you can remove the hard parts from the liquid. Or, heat the lemon juice and the coconut oil will melt in it. But, it will eventually go rancid.

• FRMSGP

I have 2 rattan chairs can i use this solution & paint them?

• Shawna Bailey

I wouldn't use this solution before painting them as oil makes it hard for paint to adhere.

• Mike Butler

Oil repels paint. If you're painting something, why would you polish it first?

• Carol

to recover old rattan furniture, you need to take them outside on a sunny day and hose them down... then scrub with a brush and mild detergent to remove loose paint, dirt and any grease... let them dry in the sun.... then you can give them a light sanding to remove old paint... clean the dust with a damp cloth and then paint... preferably with a sprayer.... they look good done in white.

• Fathima Nasira

Would it look good on distressed wood?

• Thea

Is this good for Mango wood furniture .. as I know you are not allowed to even use water to clean ...... ??????

• Khusbu Agarwal

Is it OK for ply n the cermaica tht is used these days

• Nancy

Coconut oil.... From grocery store ???

• Kim23452189

Is this ok for Teak wood, as I have been told I should only use Teak oil ????
    cheers Kim
  • Mar14186204

does this make the table "oily" afterwards?
  • Mar14186204

does it make the table feel oily or greasy?
    • Susan

it shouldn't if you just rub it on and rub it IN well... and always wipe excess off before using.
    • Vickie St John

If you rub it in completely, it should absorb. If there is any oiliness rub it with a clean towel.
  • Dahliaqueen

Is it safe on all wood surfaces dining room furniture etc?
    • Random Chance

The juice is acidic, it will probably discolor wood that is not clear coated with varnish.
    • Random Chance

FYI, furniture polish that you buy does not contain lemon juice, it contains lemon oil. Since the juice also contains sugars, I would be concerned that it would atteact insects.
    • Susan

insects HATE anything citrus - so even with "natural" sugars... it won't be a problem. Plus if you keep your house CLEAN - you won't have bugs... just sayin'.
  • Jean

I'm a little confused I guess. I've been buying cold pressed unrefined coconut oil for years at the grocery store in cooking aisle.!
    So is the fractionated liquid still cold pressed?

• Kismutt

Mine is expeller pressed rather than cold pressed. Expeller pressed means it is extracted at a higher temp leaving it with a nuttier flavour, whereas cold pressed gives you more of the natural coconut flavour.
    • Ann Theile Weber

For food value cold pressed means the nutrients are not taken out like they are in a heated process. I would think either one would work.

• Nadine Hartman Bourne

Have you heard of medium chain triglycerides? (MCT oil) some people swear it is better for you or helps you lose weight. most of the long chain triglycerides have been removed. It has a longer shelf life and stays liquid at room temperature. Regular coconut oil has to have at least 76 degrees to be liquid. Regular coconut oil will work for this furniture stuff but you will have to heat it to make it liquid.
  • Bmu15808132

Would this project work on wood cutting boards
    • Jutta Melanie M.

Yes it works on wood cutting boards, it's food safe! I brush them first with dish soap in warm water, let them dry and "seal" them with the mix mentioned above. Deep cuts from knives will not disappear but the wood itself looks almost like new! (PS: you could also sand the boards before applying the mix to get rid of marks, depends if you like them a little brighter in colour as before, or repeat the Mix of olive oil 2-3 times and they are dark again) Good luck!
  • Vera Creque

Will this remove darkened water stains from the wood?
    • Jutta Melanie M.

It helped on my antique rustic walnut table which got WHITE water stains. I had to repeat it two times. And I used just olive oil from the kitchen (the normal one which is getting hard) and rubbed it in on the whole table top as hard as I could, no mix with lemon juice! After the procedure it looked beautiful and got the right patina back. Maybe adding lemon juice helps to get rid of darkened stains. I would give'm a try, it can't hurt the wood!
  • NANCY DIEBLER

Could you use regular coconut oil with the lemon in mixed them together in a real soft cream that you keep in a jar Or will it get rancid and go bad?
  • Christine Cajigas

I have a piano that is 118 yrs old. Very dull looking, can I use this mixture on it?
    • D York

No. That dull finish is from years of dust and pollutants collecting on the wood. Any cleaner with oil will only add to the dullness. You can clean the finish but the method needed depends in the type of finish. The internet has excellent tutorial.
    • Katie Quinn Dickerson

It’s natural, so I would think yes, just do like most cleaners recommend and test in a small unnoticeable spot first.

• Gil22023082

I love lavender oil will that work in lieu of coconut oil ?
  • Frances Medellin

Can you use that on the wood floor

• Elizabeth

Will I get roaches???

• Elizabeth

Will I get roaches?

• Melanie

How long does it take to dry and is there any residue?

• SouthernChic40

It's just like using lemon pledge kinda. It will have that smell good lemony fresh shine.

• Robyn Scott

Doesn’t this leave your furniture feeling oily?

What is Miracle Whip & will it get rid of scratches on Mahogany furniture?

• Brenda

Miracle Whip is mayonnaise.

• Cheryl Duguay

It's used for removing water marks not scratches

• Debbie West

Try rubbing a walnut half over the scratch.....it won't 'remove' it, but will have enough color to camouflage the scratch

• Leah

It is not mayo, but was made as a substitute. Many prefer it over mayo because it has a lighter taste, not lighter in calories.

• Ramona

Can you use fresh squeezed lemon juice instead of bottled?

• Carol

With bottled lemon juice you have much more control and consistent results. When it is bottled, lemon juice has a consistent pH and is adjusted to that required pH. PH is a main factor in cleaning power. With fresh lemon juice you have no control on pH. It varies by variety and ripeness of the fruit so you have less consistant results.

• Diane

can you use solid coconut oil and warm to liquid?

• Pamj Coughlin

I have never done this, but it says that refractured coconut oil never goes rancid. So I am thinking that after a time and lots of use, it may get stinky.

• Wolf CrescentWalker

I have kept large jars of coconut oil for years. It doesn't go rancid. I buy virgin unrefined organic. It melts at body temperature and makes great moisturizer, massage oil, lube, hair conditioner, and you can dress wooden utensils and cutting boards with it, and cook with it. Great all-purpose stuff.

• Carolyn Bradford Hansel

Can this be used on Hard Wood Floors??

• Jacx

You would have be careful not to get it too slippery.

• Cindy Martin

wouldn't this be good for wooden bowls and utensils?

• can you use this on your cabinets doors?

• Allinthefamilysingers

hey how about mayonaise Have you heard? thanks for sharing your idea I thought it was healthy.

• Debby Davidson

My grandmother used mayonnaise. Blast from the past. I think the lemon and coconut would smell better.

• MMM

I used mayo as an emergency treatment went I spilled hot water on my table. You have to use full fat mayo, not light mayo. It worked pretty well. The grain had raised up and the water had left a mark. Now you can't tell, but it was a few years ago.

• Darlene

can you use lime juice instead of lemon?

• Nancy Tonella

Could you use regular coconut oil ?

• Sharon

You suggested using bottled lemon juice but what about fresh lemon juice? Will that work as well?

• Diane

Where do you purchase the fractionation coconut oil ?

• Dawn Compton

Any herbal store should have it or Amazon

• Kelly

U can also find it in walmart stores where the vitamins are an sometimes in the baking department as well.

• Deb

Can this be used on Hardwood floors?

• Alice

I have organic coconut oil that I melt, but when it is cool in house it hardens again. Call I still use it for this polish.

• Noreen

Maybe you should try melting only the amount needed ... for example: 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 1/2 teaspoon melted coconut and give it a try...

• Betty Sutton Smith

I must try this !!! Thanks

• Linda

Will this cover scratches?

• LadyTee

I have a son that is allergic to coconut so is there another oil I can replace it with

• Teresa Kelly

Can it be used on hard wood floors

• Nannette maggitti

Can this work on ring Mark's on furniture? Thanks in advance. Nan

• Deb M Jones

Get those white marks—caused by hot cups or sweating glasses—off your coffee table or other wooden furniture by making a paste of 1 tablespoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon water. Gently rub the spot in a circular motion until it disappears.

• Kathy

Will it last stored or in spray bottle or should it be refrigerated or just mix what you need

• Felicia

Can you use almond oil

• Mary

Does it work on hardwood floor too

• Sylvia

It will make the floor super slippery. Vinegar and water solution will make them shine.

• Sylvia

My concern would be slip and fall risk. But I'm sure the floors would look beautiful.

• Barbara

Would this be good on wood floors

• Barb Jenkins

Where do you find this type of coconut oil? I love coconut oil but have never seen this type.

• Brenda Lee

Would this mix work on my kitchen cabinets, to remove that sticky residue that builds up over time?

Or can someone suggest anything else that would work good for this purpose?

• Soledad

Can you use this on laminated floors

• Fannie

Can you use on hard wood floors

• B.j.

is this safe to use on my antique furniture?

• Dianna Graff

It seems to me that the lemon juice would be really acidic and not good for the wood unless there was really a lot of gunk on kitchen oak cabinets?????

• Anita

Will the oil deposit on clothing or fabrics placed on the wood?

• Sue

It will only transfer if you leave a layer of oil on the surface without rubbing it in. Do not use so much polish that it leaves a film.

• Marla Hollander Seats

If it does, just rub a little Ultra Dawn dish soap on it and throw it in the washer. Dawn dish soap takes out all kinds of oil and grease stains. Lots if other stains too. I keep a small bottle in the laundry room and refill it as necessary from the large bottle in the kitchen.

• Melanie

Could this be used on marble? I tried marble polish, but it was still dull

• Tiffany Prescott Allen

Can this also be used on wood floors or with it get smudgy as you walk on it?

• Kathy

Where do you get that kind of coconut oil?

• Barbara

Plant Therapy. Amazon also sells it. Just make sure its fractions. It's also great for skin & hair!!

• Jeanette

You can find it online, Amazon, EBay, google it it comes right up.

You can can also find it in Trader Joe’s, Sprouts sometimes even Ross, Marshall’s, TJMax.

• Cyndy

Grocery store

• Veronica

Grocery stores

• Faye

Amazon has a great supply of thg his oil

• Tina Dunlap

How about limes and olive oil, that’s what I got. This is for real wood? Is that correct ?

• Terese

I would think lime & olive oil would give you comparable results, but i would make a small amount and try it on your wood furniture or floor in an inconspicuous place first to see how you like it.

• Barbara

Would this work on laminate wood floors?

• Terese

I don't think this would do well for laminate...

• Esmeralda

oil on the floor makes for a terrific skating rink!

• Cass Johnson

try pledge polish for that fresh “Risky Business” floor slide!! a younger me did this.. the floors looked great but it was really hard to walk on!!

• Debbie

Might make it very slippery?

• Karen

Can you use this on wood floors?

• Mary

Will the lemon keep Spiders at bay please answer me thankyou

• Yaana

Spiders hate peppermint oil. I have been using a spray bottle of water and several drops peppermint on my outdoors deck with great results, but since I love the sent I would use inside also. Look up peppermint spider repellent for an exact recipe, my spray bottle lasted a whole season and I forgot the exact amounts.

• Carrie Ervin Divine

You can even place peppermint tea bags in your drawers and cabinets to keep spiders away!

• Amelia

Will this work for a cabinet that has gunky build up around the knob

• Ginette Barrett

Oil usually removes gunk so this mixture or straight oil should remove it, plus elbow grease of course. Whenever I have glue from a label stuck on say; glass I use oil on a rag to remove. Good luck

• Michelle

How long can this mixture be used for?? How often should you mix a fresh batch??

• Lisa

Could you use that on very worn hardwood floors ?

• Sandra Reeves Smith

Can you use liquid coconut cooking oil? It is much cheaper. I know MCT is also the same thing.

• Susan

Wonder if you could use cleaning vinegar instead of lemon. Juice?

• Brenda Spagnola-Wilson

I wish there was a way to save this! Moving to a new house soon and will be needing a great wood cleaner for a few pieces currently in storage!

• Bcfatbroad

I just snap a photo with my camera as screen shot and put it in a file...ot if on computer take pic of it then save in phone file

• Deborah

I ordered organic liquid coconut oil from Amazon & a couple amber colored glasses bottles to put the mixture in. I just polished a little bit with it & it's amazing! I'm hooked on this! I won't go back to chemical polishes again! I have cats that like to walk all over LOL 😂 imagine what they lick off their little paws! I think I'll order more bottles & make more & give as gifts! The bottles came with pretty chalk labels! What a great gift idea!