Eco Wood Polish (Just 2 Ingredients!)

$6

I'm always looking for great eco cleaning products that are cheap, easy to use, and non toxic, and this homemade cleaner is the best furniture polish I have ever used. It's made out of liquid (fractionated) coconut oil and lemon juice.

Step 1: Gather Your Materials
I used liquid coconut oil and bottled lemon juice. The coconut oil is refined in a way so that it will never go rancid. I found lots of people online that just used olive oil, but i'm a big fan of fractionated coconut oil. Step 2: Mix Your Lemon Juice and Coconut Oil
I poured 1 cup of lemon juice and 1.5 cups of coconut oil into a bowl, but pouring them into a bottle that you could close and use later on is also a good idea. Step 3: Dip Your Cloth into the Polish
Make sure to dip the cloth through both the oil and the juice, as they will separate. If you put your polish into a jar, just give it a good shake before using it.
This table has been used for art projects by a bunch of kids and needed some love. Step 4: Wipe Your Wood Surface
Now, gust go over any nicked areas or stains. A quick wipe has your wood looking great again!
Feel free to let it sit and do an extra coat if your wood is really looking dull.
Not only is this quick and eco-friendly, it will leave your surfaces with a nice, fresh scent. Isn't this just the best cleaner for wood?!?!
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Lisa

Could you use that on very worn hardwood floors ?

• Sandra Reeves Smith

Can you use liquid coconut cooking oil? It is much cheaper. I know MCT is also the same thing.

• Susan

Wonder if you could use cleaning vinegar instead of lemon. Juice?

• Brenda Spagnola-Wilson

I wish there was a way to save this! Moving to a new house soon and will be needing a great wood cleaner for a few pieces currently in storage!

• Bcfatbroad

I just snap a photo with my camera as screen shot and put it in a file...ot if on computer take pic of it then save in phone file

• Deborah

I ordered organic liquid coconut oil from Amazon & a couple amber colored glasses bottles to put the mixture in. I just polished a little bit with it & it's amazing! I'm hooked on this! I won't go back to chemical polishes again! I have cats that like to walk all over LOL 😂 imagine what they lick off their little paws! I think I'll order more bottles & make more & give as gifts! The bottles came with pretty chalk labels! What a great gift idea!