Melissa Reyes
Melissa Reyes
  • Panama City, FL

What is this plant?

Linda HincheyMelissa ReyesPauline Cobb Choate
+11

leathery leaves with red sunburst-ish flowers
what is this plant, flowers, gardening
  • Barb Rosen

Melissa - this is a lovely Kalanchoe which is used as a houseplant in my zone 7a area in Delaware. Here's some more info about it http://voices.yahoo.com/guide-growing-kalanchoe-colorful-fuss-free-houseplant-5502697.html?cat=30

• Jamala W

Khlanchoe

• Stephanie

jamala is right

• Diane @ home sweet homemade

My kalanchoe grows outdoors (zone 8b/9a) in a flowerpot, but it receives morning sun and indirect light the rest of the day under the shade of a tomato monster plant. It's doubled in size since the tomato plant took residence this spring :) Yours looks so healthy!

• Melissa Reyes

thank you thank you thank you! I came up with sedum..it was the closest thing I could find. We've been searching online for a couple months now. Thanks so much for helping out now i can research and find out how to care for it.

• Alice Harley-Wosnig

kalanchoe. It comes in many colors. Some blooms are doubled I love them as they are so easy to take care of. You can also root them by placing leaves in dirt.

• Tami Trimm

in Southern California, we use them as house plants in a brightly lit room and when they are done blooming, just (dead head) cut the spent blooms off and leave to bloom again or replant as an exterior plant in solid shade (northern exposer) and they will rebloom there! Tami Trimm, Horticulturist

• Nancy Hand

Kalanchoe!! You can stick the leaf in some soil and it will root. :)

• Mikell Paulson

Kalanchoe

• DeMarie I

Yep, kalanchoe. My kids gave me one at mother's day, last year. I've kept it inside as a house plant in a very bright window. It has bloomed this spring! An easy plant to take care of.

• April E

K. blossfeldiana or a florist kalanchoe

• Pauline Cobb Choate

Melissa, I'm in West Central FL...I have these in my garden and they do very well under an oak tree with morning sun. As everyone else has said, they're easy to start by cutting and make a beautiful potted plant for the porch. If you have one, you can have a thousand! :-) Here in this part of FL we get a lot of rain and I find they're happiest when not so wet. Good luck with yours!

• Melissa Reyes

thanks again everyone

• Linda Hinchey

It looks like a type of Sedum although I've never seen one with this type and color of flower .