DIY Toilet Paper Owls

We were inspired by the recent post by Zografia A who made awesome toilet paper wall art for the dining room. Here's our step-by-step for DIY toilet paper owls. They make great ornaments or decorations for a kids room or bathroom. All you need are a few rolls and some basic craft supplies. http://bit.ly/JF6JcI

BrightNest

• Susan Clinard

I see that this post is 3 or 4 years old but .... I wanted to know if you have a tutorial on how to make the owls ?? I think that they are so adorable !!

• Chavish

I did a quick search on Google to see what the results were. Plenty of designs and techniques if you google "toilet paper roll owl tutorial."
  • Dba10722915

where are the instructions on how to make these can not find any thanks dcb

• Chavish

There are plenty of tutorials of different designs on YouTube. Basically, press down the top 1/4-1/3 of the roll like a pillowbox; then decorate by permanent marker or paint pens. If you want to paint the rolls, you should do that first and use acrylic paint. I've done this twice, and I highly recommend using paint over other techniques since it will make your project look less "recycled" or "nebby."

• Amanda Eastman

I made these for my daughter a couple years ago. She had SO much fun with them! I swear they were her favorite toy for a while. If you haven't tried these yet, and you love doing crafts with little kids, please try it. :)

diy toilet paper owls, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, Please don t mind the duct tape Hey it workeddiy toilet paper owls, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
  • Jill Ron Pike

I see dogs, cats, and other animals depending on your use of facial features...great idea!