DIY Toilet Paper Owls

We were inspired by the recent post by Zografia A who made awesome toilet paper wall art for the dining room. Here's our step-by-step for DIY toilet paper owls. They make great ornaments or decorations for a kids room or bathroom. All you need are a few rolls and some basic craft supplies. http://bit.ly/JF6JcI

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
BrightNest

• Susan Clinard

I see that this post is 3 or 4 years old but .... I wanted to know if you have a tutorial on how to make the owls ?? I think that they are so adorable !!

• Chavish

I did a quick search on Google to see what the results were. Plenty of designs and techniques if you google "toilet paper roll owl tutorial."
  • Dba10722915

where are the instructions on how to make these can not find any thanks dcb

• Chavish

There are plenty of tutorials of different designs on YouTube. Basically, press down the top 1/4-1/3 of the roll like a pillowbox; then decorate by permanent marker or paint pens. If you want to paint the rolls, you should do that first and use acrylic paint. I've done this twice, and I highly recommend using paint over other techniques since it will make your project look less "recycled" or "nebby."

• Amanda Eastman

I made these for my daughter a couple years ago. She had SO much fun with them! I swear they were her favorite toy for a while. If you haven't tried these yet, and you love doing crafts with little kids, please try it. :)

diy toilet paper owls, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, Please don t mind the duct tape Hey it workeddiy toilet paper owls, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
  • Jill Ron Pike

I see dogs, cats, and other animals depending on your use of facial features...great idea!