DIY Game of Thrones Cornhole Boards

When my husband asked me to make a set of cornhole boards to play with in the backyard this summer, I thought it would be the perfect Father's Day gift. But, of course, I was going to put my own geeky spin on them to make it more fun. What better way to have a fierce battle between families than with our own Game of Thrones cornhole boards?
diy game of thrones cornhole boards, how to, woodworking projects
Start by creating a 48" x 24" rectangle with your 2x4 pieces.
Next, attach the plywood board to the top of each frame. Make sure the heads of your screws or nails are below the surface of the plywood. Use wood filler to fill in the holes, and sand everything smooth when dry.
To cut the hole for the beanbags to fall into, measure from the center of the top edge of the board, and mark a point 9 inches down and 12 inches from each side. With your compass set for 3 inches, draw a circle around this center point. Drill a hole with your largest drill bit inside this circle close to the line to insert your jigsaw blade.
Slowly and carefully, cut out the circle, keeping the blade slightly inside your marked line. My hole looked pretty lumpy when it was all cut out, so I used a sanding drum attachment on my drill to smooth out the sides.
The collapsible legs were a bit tricky, but essential for compact storage and easy transport. You can see how to made them in my blog post at www.thehandymansdaughter.com (direct link at the bottom of this tutorial).
After painting the boards white, it was time to apply the decals! I special ordered the House Stark and House Lannister decals from this Etsy seller (affiliate link) and they were perfect for this project.
I ordered beanbags corresponding to the Stark and Lannister house colors on Amazon here (affiliate link). They were the perfect finishing touch for this fun backyard game!

• 2x4s
  • Plywood
Vineta @ The Handyman's Daughter

• Deanna Slade

How many inches from ground to the top of board when legs when are down? Or what are the measurements of legs?

1 comment
  • Hannah V

Seriously so cool! I know so many GOT fanatics that would lose it over this!