Sluggo
Sluggo
  • Grand Rapids, MI

How to clean dirty tile floors

SusanJudy JacksonMy Tile Gal
+1

what products do i usr
  • Jenny Belman

If you drop a glass of juice or even water, clean it up right away. The longer it sits, the more time it will have to soak into the grout.

• My Tile Gal

The thing that most consumers do not realize is that grout really needs to be sealed every 2 - 3 years. The best thing to do is use a heavy duty grout cleaner first to see if it helps. Sometimes the grout is so dirty that the only option is using a grout colorant. Take a look at these options for your tile: http://www.mytilebacksplash.com/cleaning-and-maintenance.aspx

• Judy Jackson

I just got done cleaning an entry floor, white, and a bathroom floor with medicinal strength peroxide. Haven't been this clean in years. Just squirted it out of the bottle onto the floor, let it sit a short time and mopped away. and I mean AWAY.. Good kuck.

• Susan

Let product (any) soak 20 minutes. Don't squeeze mop the first time, spread it around. Second time get hot water again and mop it up