Reposhture Studio - Kim
Reposhture Studio - Kim
  • Pittsburgh, PA

How to Make Legs With Casters

You can make any leg into one with casters with just a drill, drill bit and salvaged casters.
I made my salvaged table legs into short coffee table legs by cutting them down and adding casters. See the post for the full how-to.
http://reposhture.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-looooong-and-short-of-ittable-legs.html
salvaged legs and casters
salvaged legs and casters
cut to length
cut to length
drill hole in both ends slightly smaller in diameter than the screw and caster diameter.
Use tape as a guide to limit your drill depth
screw them to whatever. I made these four legs for my chicken coop turned coffee table.
how to make legs with casters, diy, how to, painted furniture

Reposhture Studio - Kim

• Christine

This is NICE! Most of these repurposed coffee tables don't speak to me, but for some reason this little one does! Perhaps it's her weathered finished. Used hard and well. Maybe it's her beautiful little rolling feet! LOL! I love it. And anything with casters!

• Touchedpainter

I am getting older. All my furniture has wheels. The bed has locking casters, for obvious reasons. I have a 100's of lbs kitchen island that has locking casters also. Just remember to look at the weight load maximum on the wheels, so you don't break the wheels; or too much weight & the wheels won't turn scraping the floor. Remember to include the weight going into the piece of furniture for the total weight the wheels will carry. If no idea of the weight?... tell the clerk at the store what it is & what will be going into the item getting wheels. Better to have stronger wheels than necessary than to have broken wheels.