Judi
Judi
  • Creston, IA

Mold in rubber seal of front load washer

Debi53Diana DeileyLynn
+3

what can I use to get rid of mold that has accumulated in the rubber seal in my front load maytag washer?
  • Mrs Red Pepper

Sprayed mine with Tilex, working through the whole gasket including the drain holes with an old toothbrush and lots of q-tips, wiped it out with a wet paper towel, then ran a tub clean cycle. I always leave my washer door open now when it's not running.

• Bonnie Lewenza

Look up tea tree oil uses, this stuff will get rid of it

• Juliadance

Try spraying with Dettol Mould and Mildew bathroom cleaner. It is brilliant at destroying and whitening grout and I found it worked on the rubber foot of the shower seat. Spray it on and it works like magic!

• Lynn

Vinegar

• Diana Deiley

Clorex disinfecting wipes. If that doesn't do it, absolutely, use vinegar.

• Debi53

After getting it clean, just leave the door open between washing. This should prevent future problems. I always leave my door open--even slightly will help--and after 8 years have never had the odor or mildew problems that I hear others have experienced.