Bonnie Bassett
Bonnie Bassett
  • Hinsdale, NH

Columbines not blooming

HelenDouglas HuntBonnie Bassett
+2

they are supposed to be easy to grow but since I planted them the blooms died and the leaves began to be a faded mottled grayish yellow what is the problem and what can I do to save them? I have given them bonemeal when planted ,then when problem began I watered with epsom salts and most recently gave them a dose of fish oil fertilizer
  • Jan Bailey

I have found Columbines do best when planted from seed pods. Transplanting was not very successfull

Blooms are often a casualty of transplanting, and columbines are actually susceptible to a number of foliar issues. Do the plants seem to be growing otherwise? Are they in sun or shade? And, of course, it always helps if you can post a photo.

• Bonnie Bassett

for some unknown (to me ) reason I cannot upload a photo from this site! I noticed when I went back to Home Depot (where I bought the plants the leaves on the other columbines that were still there loked the same as the ones I planted .I am not sure if they are still growing but they are not producing flowers They are planted in part sun but more sun than shade we are having an extremely hot humid and wet summer.Thank you for your responses

I suspect the plants have stopped producing flowers for the season. I would let them settle in in your garden and they should reward you next year.

• Helen

soak you feet is for you not the tomatoe plant just makes your feet feel good and you are being thrifty using water and epson salts for two good reasons