Christy Necole
Christy Necole
  • Canada

Can anyone identify this crawling red bulbous plant/weed?

Christy NecoleDee W

Please help me identify this plant/weed. It grows in the grass from a green leafy plant. Seems to be a ground cover or weed of some sort. Trying to find out if it is toxic to my dog. We just moved to a new place and just saw this after cutting the grass.
  • Dee W

HI @Christy Necole would you be able to post a picture? That may help us have a better idea what the plant is.

• Christy Necole

yeah sorry about that Dee W. I was using my iphone and it posted before I realized you can't upload a picture so I just asked my mom and found out they were wild strawberries...totally tasteless and pretty much useless but seem to grow everywhere like a crazy vine. So nope they are not poisonous. I have been in the middle of moving and haven't had time to actually get back here and remove the post until now. Yes I realize a picture would obviously be much more helpful ;)