Fabulous Folger's Coffee Plastic Container Upcycle

$10

With some chalkboard labels from Michael's and a can of Krylon Paint these coffee containers become great organizers for crafts, sewing or as a reposit for rice, pasta, flour or sugar - especially when the person has difficulty with heavy canisters. I kept the insides carefully covered so they remained food-safe. Buy paint that is usable on plastic and follow directions - they must cure for 4-5 days! Try here for a better demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8TAewzKwfo .
Pretty great color, aren't they? Krylon!
We have so many of these as my husband does not care for the prices or "fru-fru" of Tenbucks, er Starbucks!
These are in the Bridal section of Michael's and are rather pricey at $8.99 but worth it.

3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Kitchen Kelli

• Lori LeClair
    Lori LeClair

Doesnt the paint chip off around the top from taking the lid on & off so much? I had used the paint for plastic on some outdoor furniture & let it cure, but it all flaked off. Hate to waste my money on paint if it's not going to work.
    • Randy
      Randy

I wipe the outside of the container down with Acetone (Nail polish remover will work too), it will remove any leftover oil's (plastic is naturally oily) or soap residue (which will cause the paint to flake) and leave some "teeth " for the paint to bite into!

• Faith
    Faith

was wondering how you get the coffee smell out of it for other uses

• Robin Hayes Smith
      Robin Hayes Smith

A little baking soda and white vinegar, swish around and wash with hot soapy water. A swipe with a little vanilla helps too.

• Lynn Upchurch
    Lynn Upchurch

Is there any other paint that I can use other than spray paint