Side Table Made From Old Windows

Farmhouse windows can be made into so many cool things and if you have a drill, sand paper, and paint, depending on what you want to make you really don't need anything else!
Repurpose and Upcycling
Farmhouse Windows Make A Unique Table And Cost Next To Nothing
The windows were all the same, size except the window we used for the tabletop.
We put two of the farmhouse windows sideways which allowed the table to
have an open space underneath. My thoughts were to put a plant or basket with magazines or whatever you could think of underneath the table.
After we put three 3 inch screws into each corner of the table we were able to do the
sanding and cleaning. We did end up taking it partially apart to do the painting. Painting
the farmhouse windows was done lightly so we could keep the worn and rustic look to the table.
I was mainly interested in covering the green paint. There were parts of the windows like
the picture below that already had the patina we wanted so we left them alone.
The bottom sides of the window are open for easy cleaning and also I was thinking of displaying something there or sliding a basket of magazines underneath. The table fits in our small home but is a nice height and holds a good amount of things on top!

30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
Patty http://funfamliving.com

• Morgan

A lot of those old windows have single pane glass, so what did you do for safety to prevent injuries from broken glass? Did you replace it with tempered glass?

• Annette Champagne-Shoemaker

Do not worry too much about the glass on or in front of table. Lot's of tables for the livingroom have glass tops on them. They are usually tempered but for the use you are using, it does not need to be. Gentle reminders to children or grandchildren usually suffuse.
  • The12218681

Where did you get your windows?

• Tou19259965

I troll Craig's List "Free listing" faithfully Every day. UNBELIEVABLE what "TREASURES" are out there FREE to turn into a treasure to sell, keep, give as gifts. If you are worried, when you contact let them know when you will be there & tell them to put it at the end of the driveway. I have gone to pick up a big piece of furniture (to cut up for kindling), to find a pile of stuff on the lawn, I also took home for some of my most prized treasures.

• Lena Parker

What is the sizes of the windows?

• Mary Coakley

Lovely

• Susanne

I really love this and I know it wasn't the intent, but it would make a great greenhouse box too! I can see using it down here in my temperate climate for winter greens and some other things. Thanks for this! I know what to do with my stack now.