Alex
Alex
  • Orlando, FL
Asked on Jun 3, 2012

Dual Purpose

Sherrie SAlexWalter Reeves
+2

Because of the recent rains, we have to drain some of the water in our pool. Usually, we connect a hose to the pump and let the water run into the "back forty". Would there be any harm caused if we were to use the spray on the pool enclosure screen and would the spray help eliminate some of the mildew on portions of the screen? Hence, a dual purpose. As always, many thanks.
  • Walter Reeves

I don't think the spray of pool water would hurt the screen. There's not much chlorine in pool water. But mildew is a function of local humidity, so any mildew that you remove would quickly come back.

• Alex

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• Sherrie S

My neighbor has a large pool enclosure and he uses a high pressure hose (at a low pressure) and he adds no chemicals and has no mildew or algae. Alex, we are only about 25 miles from your area. I will ask what he did during the 4 hurricanes we had several years ago when he must have had overflow. Our little lake became an ocean now it is a weed bed.

• Alex

Thanks Walter and Sherrie for your posts.

• Sherrie S

Well, I found out my neighbor has a drain from his pool to the backyard. I have something like that in my KOI pond. It will never overfill because when it gets to a certain height it runs through pvc pipe 50' to the backyard. If you put that PVC in the right place it will water the plants.