What can I do with concrete test plugs?

Jojo JachCValerie
+10

I have a few concrete test cylinders and would like some ideas how to best use them. I did have them in my garden as border material for many years but the new apt. owners removed my garden last year. Can anyone help? Something useful and not just decorative I have limited space. You can see some of the plugs in the photos.
  • Johnchip

Outrageous the new owner removed your lovely garden. I would use them to bash them over their head! But to avoid having to wear orange 'as your new black', you may want to offer to rebuild your garden using them at a spot someone will appreciate it, like a volunteer center, church, or school.

• Stella

I have concrete test cylinders also I use them around my flower beds as you did. Get them for free from my cousins job so saves me from buying ĺawn and flower bed edgers.

• Kathryn Gutierrez

Like the Netflix reference. Ha, ha. I had my garden there form 1997 to 2014. It was originally approved because my doc suggested it as therapy. Though I went back to my doc and received an updated recommendation prior to destruction the new guys didn't care. They put in a layer of white rocks as their landscaping. Thanks for your suggestion. I will keep you informed on the final project with the plugs.

• 9530106

Not very creative, but I thought of stacking a few with a length of 2x4 in between as little shelves. That white rock is - not- very- pretty!

• Linda Johnson

White rock turns yellow if you use fertilizer or round-up on the flowers/weeds. Then it really looks bad...

How about painting them different colors grouping them in three's as pedestals, and placing potted plants on them. You could place some garden figurines on the pedestal. Or mount a solar landscape light in the center cavity created when three are grouped together.

• Sandy Sivels

I had several left over from the previous owner, I sacked them and made a fire pit. It is great and attractive.

• Kelly S

Stand them up vertically and then paint them with outdoor paint. I can see various seasonal items such as Santas, snowmen and women, leprechauns, birds, etc.

• Valerie

I would use them as supports for a bookshelf.

• C

I agree with Valerie! Like this picture.... just use the pillars like 4 'legs' between each board {pic found via Google}

• Jojo Jach

I had a load, and used them vertically. Had to dig a bit, but the effect was like pier pilings. Guess one could paint them brown, but I figure the grey was a warning as to their stoutness.
  • Jojo Jach

Another idea, but have not used it yet: Make a handle like a push lanmower. Use a masonry bit on each end to drill bolt holes. You have a cheap lawn roller.