Shade garden #2: east garden

With oaks and tall wax leafted ligustrum trees, no grass would grow here; mud puddles were the norm. This is how I altered it into useful area.
Shade loving plants; turf or matt block; polymeric sand w/dwarf mondo planted in a diamond pattern along the pathway.
Crepe Myrtle tree; jasmine greeting at the gated entrance.
A little sitting area among grasses, begonias and dracena, under the wax leafed ligustrum tree.
Planted a living rug of dwarf mondo between the chairs and lounge.
Bird's Nest fern flank entry; living door matt to wipe feet before walking onto the boardwalk.
A better view of the living rug.

• Danesh poet

I love this patio idea. Is there any tutorial on the entire project of the living rug?

• Becky H

@Danesh poet Not really. I just laid the turf block, then came back and filled the individual block cells with polymeric sand, leaving those areas I wanted dwarf mondo grass open. I bought 1/2 flat of dwarf mondo and began planting it in the patterns I wanted. The center cells of the living rug were filled with pea gravel for another texture and color.

• Sparkles

What kind of blocks did you use? How deep did you have to dig or did you lay them on top or the ground? How big of an area is this? How many blocks did you use? What was the cost? How did you get them level? How long did it take to do this project?

• Sparkles

Thank you for your answer. I am wanting to build a patio and walkway and add Creeping Thyme (Walk on Me Plant) in some of the holes. Then some of the others add sea glass, colored glass beads, and colored aquarian gravel randomly.