Mohawk Home
Mohawk Home
  • Calhoun, GA

DIY Herb Container Garden

I’ve been longing for a garden for quite some time now. There’s nothing like eating fresh from the garden, especially in the summer time! Alas, our yard isn’t conducive to creating a vegetable or herb garden. But we do have a sunny back deck just off our kitchen, so I decided a container garden was within reach.
This project was so easily completed in just a couple of hours (minus time waiting for the rain to clear) and I am so thrilled to have this little garden available for my summer cooking.
Simply spray primer to seal the wood and chalkboard paint for markers.
The challenge was finding potted herbs at this late summertime date… I ended up finding a few at my local home improvement store and a few in the produce section of my grocery store.
Mohawk Home

• Mariposa

I made some markers similar, I asked the guy at Lowe's to give me as many wooden paint stirrers as I could have and used those.

• Carey

That is an excellent Idea!!! I have a lot of pieces of wood that can be cut down to a similar size and so I can do the same thing with those.