I need inspiration for painting metal bed pan

SarahR WalterDeborah Wiley
+6

I found old metal white bed pan (urinal) I want to paint/decorate and hang in my bathroom. I'm in desperate need of inspiration. Any ideas ??
  • TateTwo
    TateTwo

I saw 2 on pinterest ( using the search on the word bedpan ) - one was painted and decorated like a Christmas moose. The other was tole painted with a flower and some design on it.

• Patty Morgan
    Patty Morgan

What colors are in your bathroom and what is your vision? I like the idea of using it as storage. You should be able to drill holes to hang it and I would get metal chain to hang it with. I would paint or spray paint it copper. Then glazing it with a greenish tone and then dab off areas. I like that rustic it. I just worry about the weight, so make sure there is in a stud in the wall if you hang it.

• Susan
    Susan

Paint to coordinate with the room and add air plants or succulents.

• Patty Morgan
      Patty Morgan

Ok, it would make it even heavier so don't hang it. I love succulents and my plants do good in my bathroom. It should look so nice. I can't wait to see a picture when you are done.

• Connie Wilson
    Connie Wilson

You should only use Rustoleum fusion paint because some paints will not stick on metal of any type.

• Deborah Wiley
    Deborah Wiley

I would use a Rustoleum fusion paint in a deeper color in the same palette of the rest of the room, or use a bright contrast. If lighting is good I'd put some small trailing plants. Or some artificial greenery.

• R Walter
    R Walter

I still have the bedpan that my grandfather and grandmother used in their later years, worn spots and all. I put foam in the bottom and then some fake moss along with some ivy bushes and some small flowers that matched my bathroom colors. I put it on a tabletop easel on top of my linen cabinet in my bathroom. Unusual but that that bedpan is close to 65 years old .

• Sarah
    Sarah

I'd leave it in it's original form (love the rustic look). However I would write a phrase on it.... We Aim To Please, You AIM TOO Please. Make sure you hang it high. We don't want any funny business. LOL