Dori Lies
Dori Lies
  • Branson, MO

How do I clean glass shower doors to keep them clean of water spots?

Darrel RoseB. EnneLinda
+12

My glass shower doors are spotted with soap and water spots. I need to know an easy way to keep them sparkling clean.
  • Bonnie D

Use the two parts vinegar and one part Dawn in a dish sponge with the dispenser attached. While you are in the shower, clean doors. Use it on mine and have no more spots.

• Dori Lies

Thank you Bonnie! I will give this a try. I saw something like this on Facebook but didn't save it to my Timeline so I really appreciate your comment!

• Nan

white vinegar!

• Therese C

Use Bonnie D's method for cleaning, then rub a layer of Rain X on them after they dry to prevent any future spots. Rain X is purchased in the automotive dept of any Wal-Mart, dollar store, etc..

• Dori Lies

Thank you for your comments Nancy and Therese!

• Bonnie D

Nancy-yes I use the cheapest vinegar I can find. If you have some REALLY tough scum sprinkle baking soda over area, spay with Dawn and vinegar. Let set and lightly scrub. Rinse. I have let it set overnight.

• Silver Geras

Simple Solution, you can get it at the hardware stores the best stuff.

• Victoria Erickson

Keep a squeegee in the tub and give it a quick do over when your done showering... I never have to scrub mine:)

• Rita

The best way to get water spots off glass is to use -Benaz by a company called pFokus you can order online-pfokus.com This product made my glass look brand new again and it was easy to use. they also sell Valore if used every 3 weeks on glass keeps it looking brand new. Best product on the market-and I've tried everything!

• Anita Loncaric Grant

get rid of it, i clean for a living they are a pain. if you have really bad build up and nothing has worked try this spray with cleaner and a straight razor blade works but time consuming.

• Dori Lies

Thank you all for your comments...I have tried several of them and they do work!!!

• Gra1724867

Use a dryer sheet to clean the spots and soap scum bye bye

• Linda

Try using lime away to get the build up off and then clean with a cheap shaving cream after showering. Plus it will keep your bathroom from fogging up.

• B. Enne

We squeegee every day...it becomes a habit--The last person to shower squeegees...it is fast, keeps the glass clean, and keeps the shower mold and mildew free...no chemicals.

• Darrel Rose

Once you have removed the water spots you can apply two coatings of RainX to your shower doors after cleaning off water spots this will keep your shower door clear and clean or you can simply use car paste wax, apply a coat that is not too thick and do as you would as if you was doing your car with the paste wax. For the walls of the shower if it is Fiberglass shower then rinse after all uses and squeegee after every shower, Paste wax will also lessen your cleaning of the shower walls by apply a coat like you would on a car and wiping if off like you would on a car.