Joy2Journey
Joy2Journey
  • Andover, MN

Staining a concrete walkway

A huge change in less than 4 hours! Curb appeal + Thank you HDTV for the idea :)
Before ...
Two toned concrete from Minnesota weather.
Cutting in the first coat.
Rolling it on ...
Cutting it in ...
and rolling it on ...
After!!!!
Dutch Boy Concrete Stain (Riveting), the 2nd coat I added an anti - skid additive.
Joy2Journey

• Laura Stout

Looks great! What color is the stain?

• Betty

walk way done nine yrs ago and faided with a high low swirl how to you fixlike new new

and what type of paint do you use? will i need a primer?

• Cathy b

love this!! will it work on a driveway? do you have to clean/prepare it 1st? if so, with what

• Lbr24389409

Wow!! What an upgrade!

I am a realtor and the first impression of a home when you walk up to the entrance defines the property. Blotchy, chipped concrete makes the home look older and adds an aura of disrepair. I’ve seen many paint jobs but this stain gave the beat finish I’ve seen. Thanks for sharing I’ve put that in my DIY collection to solve a common problem.

• Jackie

Just beautiful. I was planning on doing the same to my walkway. I saw a product at Lowe’s that I’m going to use. I just have to pick out a color to go with my brick that is familiar with yours. Question: can you wash this? I tend to get green mold I guess you would call it in the spring or summer. I’d need to wash this without taking off the color.