Tonya Diehl
Tonya Diehl
  • Murphysboro, IL

Back Deck Makeover/Pergola Reveal

We have lived in our house for 8 years now & it seems as though each year we have worked on and/or added to our outdoor space. It has always been a work in progress, but this year, I think we have finally reached a point where we can say that the back deck is DONE!! With the addition of a pergola, outdoor curtains, & a fireplace, we have completely transformed the space into a backyard oasis!
A look at the space as a whole.
A look at the space as a whole.
One of two entertaining areas.
One of two entertaining areas.
Outdoor fireplace from Lowes.
Outdoor fireplace from Lowes.
Dining area.
Dining area.
back deck makeover pergola reveal, decks, fireplaces mantels, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, painted furniture
Window box full of petunias & succulents serve as a centerpiece.
DIY curtains made from bedsheets. Then I added the stripes to the bottom with paint & painter's tape.
Here is a look at our back deck last summer.
And here is a look at our space now.
And here is a look at our space now.
Tonya Diehl

• Patricia

Very nice! Love the curtains. What type of paint is used.? Where do you get it?

• Julie Cox

How did you do the pergola?

• Connie Harbor

Don't know how they did this one, but my sister just had one built at her beach house. The builder installed top slats at an angle so that we are never sitting in direct sunlight. Amazing!

• Kay Spangler

Your deck is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. My question is; what are the dimensions of your pergola? (Outside of post to outside of post) Thank you!

• J long

I would like to know how you have your curtains hung up, what they are on?

• Gra22110397

I love love love this!! You did an amazingly Beautiful job! My porch already has the railing and a roof but unfortunately it is at a slant . I don't think it would work.. :(