DIY Oversized Checkerboard Game

We spend quite a bit of time outside and have recently been adding to our outdoor game collection. So far this year we’ve built a giant connect four game, and now we’ve added an oversized checkers game. There’s something about playing a gargantuan sized game that makes it so much more fun than playing the same game in the original size!
One of the fun elements of this board game are the mason jar lids that are used as game pieces.
This game has been a huge hit with my kids! We are having a great time playing it outdoors while enjoying the beautiful weather.
Check out my blog listed at the end for more detailed instructions and specifics on dimensions and paints and stains! I've also done some of the math for you on where to cut your lines for the checkerboard squares! If you like this, you may also like my Galvanized Herb Planters. I hope you'll check them out!

Robin @ AHome to Grow Old In

• Paige sian

How big did you make the board

• Mary

How about using quart size lids from mayo jars that come in colors and are plastic?

• Mary McDonald

Do we all have to go on everyone’s blog, when they post something, to get directions? This girl doesn’t have time for that!

• Mary McDonald

I guess I’m just put off by click bait. Your “sarcasm” is kind of true, though. I can tell within 60 seconds of scrolling if I’m interested. So if I don’t see details on a full post but more like an advertisement, I move on to the next. This is why I love Hometalk’s new format of “21projects, using a ...” or “10 ways to reuse...”

PS. I’m glad to have create a convo. I know I’m not the only non-blogger who agrees with my angst.

Thank you, K for Kerri, for your input😀

• Sharon Glover

Fantastic!!!

• Muji

I love it. Great job I will try it with smaller covers. I did one for inside the house with checkered sticky paper for draws. I then fame it in glass. Using black and red poker chips . This works really good especially when we are inside for Fall and Winter.

In fact I framed many games.