DIY Oversized Checkerboard Game

We spend quite a bit of time outside and have recently been adding to our outdoor game collection. So far this year we’ve built a giant connect four game, and now we’ve added an oversized checkers game. There’s something about playing a gargantuan sized game that makes it so much more fun than playing the same game in the original size!
diy oversized checkerboard game, crafts, mason jars, outdoor living, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
One of the fun elements of this board game are the mason jar lids that are used as game pieces.
This game has been a huge hit with my kids! We are having a great time playing it outdoors while enjoying the beautiful weather.
Check out my blog listed at the end for more detailed instructions and specifics on dimensions and paints and stains! I've also done some of the math for you on where to cut your lines for the checkerboard squares! If you like this, you may also like my Galvanized Herb Planters. I hope you'll check them out!

• Plywood
  • Painters tape
  • X-Acto knife
Robin @ AHome to Grow Old In

• Velma

love the checker board and two toned seats,,,, but where or where did u get or how did you make the white table the checker board is sitting on. LOVE,LOVE it

• I love that table, too! I got it from Home Depot, and I think it only was $17 full price. I got it before Memorial Day, so I'm not sure if they still have them available.

• Debb

Checkers from canning jar lids. I spray painted, waiting days in between. When completed I was able to scratch all the paint off with my nail. What did I do wrong?

• Paige sian

How big did you make the board