Saltwash! Fab Furniture Flippin Contest June!

I had the pleasure once again of competing in the Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest's June contest! This month the sponsor was Saltwash! Saltwash is a paint additive that gives your paint finish a weathered, pitted, textured look, almost as though it was sitting out on the coast for centuries! The theme for the contest was "Coastal Inspirations".
saltwash fab furniture flippin contest june , painted furniture
Here is the can of Saltwash. It's powdery, and you keep adding it to your paint until it is the consistency of cake icing. The more the better.
This is the table I chose for the project. It had a little roping around the edges which added to the coastal feel.
I just used some leftover paint I had in a jadedite green color.
I mixed well with the Saltwash.
I applied it with a regular paintbrush in a glopping, pouncing motion. You want to see hills and valleys, and lots of texture.
Here it is after the green paint had been applied. I let this dry and then added a blue color next, also mixed with the Saltwash.
This was a tropical blue latex paint in eggshell finish.
Here is the last coat. I just used white latex paint, no Saltwash added. Brushed over the whole piece.
This is the final product! I added some dark wax and distressed with my palm sander.
I love how this came out!!
Check out my blog post for more information on how to achieve this amazing paint finish to your next furniture painting project!! If you'd like to be a part of the Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest, email: info@fabfurnitureflippin.com
Wild Sparrow Designs