Barbara C
Barbara C
  • New Orleans, LA
Asked on Jun 4, 2012

ladder repair

Barbara CWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com3po3
+3

One of the shorter feet from my ladder disappeared I'd like to rig a new one rather than buy a new ladder Any suggestions?
  • 3po3

What kind of ladder? Is it still safe if it's losing feet? And would it still be safe with a rigged new step? Fixing a broken arm would cost a lot more than a ladder.

• Barbara C

An aluminum ladder, about 6'. I hate to throw it away, there must be some way to repair it. Thanks

• 3po3

I don't have any brilliant ideas, but here are some suggestions for safe ways to use retired ladders: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/a-gazillion-use-125302

• Barbara C

There is an error message on the referenced site.

• I assume your speaking of the bottom part that is fastened to the ladder that normally has rubber foot attached? If you know the manufacture of the ladder you could contact them for the replacement part, Take a photo of the other leg so they understand what your speaking of. However I really do not suggest that a ladder be repaired when its damaged. If its just the rubber foot, you can purchase rubber feet and simply glue them on. But if this is a ladder that is used on a regular basis and you climb more then two fee up with it. The cost of repair is not worth the safety if the repair fails when your on it.

• Barbara C

yes, it's the smaller one