Refinishing 60 year old hardwood floors

Lots of soiled spots that had to be coarse sanded and still didn't remove completely. After the polyurethane it all blended together pretty well. The wood was age but in excellent condition other than the spots. My question is: Should I put a round rug underneath my round table. And.... I have jungle/tropical theme-What color should I paint? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking
refinishing 60 year old hardwood floors, flooring, hardwood floors, painting, 2nd 3rd coat poly on 7 20 12 LQQK at that shine I let the first coat dry well over a month Finally got back with a better poly this time Use MiniWax Super Fast Drying able to walk on it in 3 hours I applied 3rd coat same day
2nd & 3rd coat poly on 7/20/12. LQQK at that shine I let the first coat dry well over a month. Finally got back with a better poly this time. Use MiniWax Super Fast Drying & able to walk on it in 3 hours. I applied 3rd coat same day
refinishing 60 year old hardwood floors, flooring, hardwood floors, painting, Before the stain 6 02 12 I sanded alot in soiled areas the applied bleach to the stain Would NOT recommend to anyone else
Before the stain 6/02/12- I sanded alot in soiled areas the applied bleach to the stain- Would NOT recommend to anyone else.
refinishing 60 year old hardwood floors, flooring, hardwood floors, painting, After the stain poly 06 04 12 the floor stayed tacky after about 3 4 days UGH Not fast enough for my liking Was MiniWax Fast Drying Clear Gloss Changing on the next application Needs to cure faster
After the stain & poly 06/04/12- the floor stayed tacky after about 3-4 days UGH !! Not fast enough for my liking. Was MiniWax Fast-Drying- Clear Gloss Changing on the next application-Needs to cure faster

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 19 comments
Next