Raw Wood Corbels Turn Into Dramatic Feature!

Here are two sets of corbels I recently did for two different kitchen islands. Think outside the box - white was the original choice, but I think these are so much more unique & enhance the granite.
raw wood corbels turn into dramatic feature, home decor, kitchen design, kitchen island, woodworking projects, Detail of corbel I painted it black and added copper paint in the details w an artist s brush rubbing it into the curved areas
Detail of corbel. I painted it black and added copper paint in the details w/an artist's brush, rubbing it into the curved areas.
raw wood corbels turn into dramatic feature, home decor, kitchen design, kitchen island, woodworking projects, Before of island w raw corbels
"Before" of island w/raw corbels.
raw wood corbels turn into dramatic feature, home decor, kitchen design, kitchen island, woodworking projects, I painted the island black also the flash makes it appear lighter than it is
I painted the island black also - the flash makes it appear lighter than it is! :-)
raw wood corbels turn into dramatic feature, home decor, kitchen design, kitchen island, woodworking projects, Before of raw wood corbel for counter in kitchen
"Before" of raw wood corbel for counter in kitchen.
raw wood corbels turn into dramatic feature, home decor, kitchen design, kitchen island, woodworking projects, After I painted it in brown then black overcoat I rubbed back to the brown to give it an aged effect
"After" - I painted it in brown, then black overcoat. I rubbed back to the brown to give it an aged effect.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 5 comments
Next