Flea Market Gardening
Flea Market Gardening
  • Oakhurst, CA

Marie's Tipsy Solar Fountain

How to make a tipsy garden fountain from galvanized tubs, containers and a solar fountain pump!
Another of Marie’s Flea Market Gardening projects…from ‘morning post’ to full tutorial
Marie Niemann tells how she did this project,...mostly by herself!
She says, "I finally finished it! Inspired by my good friend and Flea Market Gardening contributor and artist Annie Steen with her tipsy galvanized water feature."
Marie Niemann tells how she did this project,...mostly by herself! She says, "I finally finished it! Inspired by my good friend and Flea Market Gardening contributor and artist Annie Steen with her tipsy galvanized water feature."
The raw materials! Galvanized tubs and a solar fountain kit.For the complete list, see the post detail.
Hey, that's Tucker!
The raw materials! Galvanized tubs and a solar fountain kit.For the complete list, see the post detail. Hey, that's Tucker!
Marie didn't have a pond, so used this large tub as the water reservoir. Plug any leaks..
Next drill a hole in the center of each old bucket including your top watering can. This is so they fit down over the conduit 'pole.'
Solar pump kit attaches to plastic tubing running through all the buckets. (Link in the post to find this on Amazon) Sun power!  It works great, even with a set-up this tall!
Solar pump kit attaches to plastic tubing running through all the buckets. (Link in the post to find this on Amazon) Sun power! It works great, even with a set-up this tall!
Now comes the fun part!! Test the water flow...Turn it on and test to make sure there are no leaks in your fittings and that the water is pumped out the top.  Voila!
Now comes the fun part!! Test the water flow...Turn it on and test to make sure there are no leaks in your fittings and that the water is pumped out the top. Voila!
Flea Market Gardening

• Vicki

how cool is that...very clever ...thanks for sharing

• Pamela

I know that you could not have finished this job without the help of Tucker.....:0) He did a GREAT job!!!!