DIY Jewelry Stand

$8

I can’t even begin to tell you how awesome the dollar store is! If you know your way around the dollar store then you can create pretty much anything! You can take something so cheap looking and turn it into an amazing piece for your home. Take this jewelry stand for instance. I made this jewelry stand yesterday on beautiful, sunny afternoon. It was so nice out that I just had to be out in the sun, so I
diy jewelry stand, bedroom ideas, crafts, how to, painting, repurposing upcycling
Materials:
-2 Different sized Terra Cotta Pots
-2 Different sized plates
-Spray paint (your choice of color)
-E6000 Glue
Starting with the larger pot, apply some glue around the bottom edge. I suggest E6000. It is super strength and it is great for all kinds of different surfaces.
Also apply some glue around the bottom of your larger plate, in the center. I just eye-balled a circle, roughly the size of the bottom of my pot.
Give the the glue two minutes to set a little, and then firmly press the pot onto your plate.
Repeat steps 1 and 2 with your smaller pot and plate.
It’s hard to see the glue on the white plate, but I assure you… it’s there:)
Once you have completed these steps, you should have something that looks like this:
Apply some glue to the opening of the small pot and the top of your large plate. Again, wait two minutes, and then firmly press your small pot onto your plate.
Your stand should look like this:
Leave your stand for a couple hours to let the glue harden. After you have waited, check your stand to see if it moves and if it doesn’t, you have the green light to start painting!
The number of coats of paint you will need will all depend on the type of plates you have. If your plates have a lot of texture and designs, you may need a couple coats. I gave my stand two good coats of paint. Keep in mind that when it comes to spray paint, light and even coats are best!
Once your paint has dried, you are ready to display your jewels! These jewelry stands are great for always having your most prized jewels ready and available!
Holly Grace

• Marilyn

You mentioned dollar store, was the larger plate used silver? Looks like it to me. But such a lovely idea just what l need.

• Holly Grace

The silver plate was purchased at Dollar Tree. It is in the party aisle. :D

• RichandTammy Whiteside

I'm so jealous of people who can spray paint without runs. What's the secret?

• Karen Selberg-Lavelle

Here is a good reminder to those who remember the days of Aqua Net....I have many times, seen on tv and in person, the .Aqua Net. spray technique. Back and forth and different directions over and over again all the while, holding the button down. Just thought I would give you a visual of the worst way to spray paint. And, hopefully, a chuckle.

• Cathy Brown Long

The cost

• Holly Grace

Hi Cathy, cost is all dependent on what you already have at home. I had the glue, the spray paint and the top plate already. All i had to buy was the Terra cotta pots and the silver platter from the dollar store. So for me the project was $4 :)

• Linda Abate

Great way to use odd plates. Never thought of using terra cotta pots. These would be cute on a table with muffins, or cupcakes, etc.

• Lynne

Absolutely Beautiful ! I now know what to do with some old flower pots and plates! Thanks for the idea. I think they would make great gifts for those who love jewelry like me.