# Budget upgrade Good Bye Popcorn Ceiling

$550.00

What an easy and relatively inexpensive way to cover up the 80's popcorn ceiling . No mess no scraping. Just glue up ( we used cheap caulk for the adhesive) These ultra lite tiles made of recycled Styrofoam are easy to cut and can be painted.It would have cost around $1200 to have the old ceiling scraped down and another $1200 to have it refinished and painted . I spent around $600 total. I think it looks fantastic and with out all the mess !
Only 2 more cut pieces to go.
Place the tiles as close together as possible.
We dropped a chalk line to find the center ( which just happened to be under the ceiling fan.) and started laying the tiles out from there.
changed out the ceiling fan

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Amanda

Where did you buy your tile and the product name please

• Yashua noy

Haw much its cost for 200 ms

• Susan

what did you use to keep the tiles from falling from the popcorn ceiling?

• Dsouther

I think this would look nice in a large room with tall ceilings but not so much in a smaller room room with 8 or 9 ft ceilings . I think it would feel overpowering in a small room. I have popcorn ceilings and I love them. To me they are much prettier than a plain flat ceiling. Yes they are a little more complicated to paint but I don't have that much problem with keeping them clean. I have had both flat ceilings and popcorn ceilings. I like popcorn ceilings the best.

• Melody

We are covering the ceiling with the old beaded board look! The tape and float does not want to stay on the ceiling of our 500 sqft make over in the den! We put one inch strips of trim the complete circumstance of the room and the full length of the ceiling so that we had something to attach the panels to! Working out great and we are painting each panel white before we hang them! No more silly dropping tape and float!! Good luck!

• LYNN M COSNAHAN

I do love this project but it does seem it would be better in a large room with higher ceilings