# Budget upgrade Good Bye Popcorn Ceiling

$550.00
What an easy and relatively inexpensive way to cover up the 80's popcorn ceiling . No mess no scraping. Just glue up ( we used cheap caulk for the adhesive) These ultra lite tiles made of recycled Styrofoam are easy to cut and can be painted.It would have cost around $1200 to have the old ceiling scraped down and another $1200 to have it refinished and painted . I spent around $600 total. I think it looks fantastic and with out all the mess !
Only 2 more cut pieces to go.
Place the tiles as close together as possible.
We dropped a chalk line to find the center ( which just happened to be under the ceiling fan.) and started laying the tiles out from there.
changed out the ceiling fan

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 87 questions
  • Rnb51111229 Rnb51111229 on Apr 29, 2021

how about a simple answer? I am with susan. (in agreement) what did you use to hold the tiles to the ceiling ?

• Ton51396204 Ton51396204 on Jun 14, 2021

Where can I get these tiles to purchase?

• Mik51563565 Mik51563565 on Jun 28, 2021

What’s is the name of the product and where can I get it to buy?

Comments

3 of 206 comments
  • Dsouther Dsouther on Mar 26, 2020

I think this would look nice in a large room with tall ceilings but not so much in a smaller room room with 8 or 9 ft ceilings . I think it would feel overpowering in a small room. I have popcorn ceilings and I love them. To me they are much prettier than a plain flat ceiling. Yes they are a little more complicated to paint but I don't have that much problem with keeping them clean. I have had both flat ceilings and popcorn ceilings. I like popcorn ceilings the best.

• Melody Melody on Sep 02, 2020

We are covering the ceiling with the old beaded board look! The tape and float does not want to stay on the ceiling of our 500 sqft make over in the den! We put one inch strips of trim the complete circumstance of the room and the full length of the ceiling so that we had something to attach the panels to! Working out great and we are painting each panel white before we hang them! No more silly dropping tape and float!! Good luck!

• LYNN M COSNAHAN LYNN M COSNAHAN on Jun 01, 2020

I do love this project but it does seem it would be better in a large room with higher ceilings

Next